ENGAGEMENT RINGS! What does yours look like?

7aRP7nq.jpg

Same husband, new ring. :biggrin: Just got it today!
ok. who else is thinking wow, you have beautiful hands? lol

ok. who else is thinking wow, you have beautiful hands? lol

thanks, that's awfully nice of you to say! :blush:

I ended up wearing it on my right hand middle finger because I can't bear to let it go get resized.
xQGaZeR.png

it's so fun to take pictures of, and I'm still trying to get a good arrows shot
8OewXnL.png

but so far this one is my fav pic!
LBYonxT.png

I've only had the ring for 2 days so I can't wait for it to show me even better photos. :biggrin:

Hi all! It’s been a couple months since I showed my son’s girlfriend a ring of mine that I wanted her to have. (They had already purchased wedding bands) It’s an OEC/ transitional cut diamond ring and she fell in love with it. So I took it to my jeweler and had it cleaned and polished. After I got it back, my son just told me to hold on to it for him. Fast forward a month or so and my son asked for it back last week.

They are on vacation in Myrtle Beach and he finally asked her and she said yes. I’m so happy for them. Here is a picture after he asked her and a better picture of the ring [emoji16]
IMG_4871.jpgIMG_4872.jpg

I mostly lurk in LV forum but wanted to share my ring. I lost my original engagement ring 7-8 years ago, so for our 10 year anniversary DH agreed to upgrade/replace it. My original ring was 1ct MRC, so this was quite an upgrade for me and more than I could've ever dreamt of. I've only had it about 3 months and still can't stop starring at it. Setting is temporary, I'm working myself up for a dream Single Stone setting I've had my eye on for years.

2.88 J SI1 Transitional cut, bought from Love Affairs Diamonds. Size 5 finger.

DSC_0109.JPG DSC_0095.JPG
With my wedding band.IMG_20180625_183224_868.jpg

I mostly lurk in LV forum but wanted to share my ring. I lost my original engagement ring 7-8 years ago, so for our 10 year anniversary DH agreed to upgrade/replace it. My original ring was 1ct MRC, so this was quite an upgrade for me and more than I could've ever dreamt of. I've only had it about 3 months and still can't stop starring at it. Setting is temporary, I'm working myself up for a dream Single Stone setting I've had my eye on for years.

View attachment 4113261 View attachment 4113262
With my wedding band.View attachment 4113265

Wow!

Reactions: Cyanide Rose

Wow!! Absolutely gorgeous

This is my favorite setting on this thread! I know you have had your eye on something else, but, wow, this is such a beautiful set, in my opinion, that I hope you change your mind. Love, love it!!

This is my favorite setting on this thread! I know you have had your eye on something else, but, wow, this is such a beautiful set, in my opinion, that I hope you change your mind. Love, love it!!

Babyblue033 show us your dream setting! I agree with Compass Rose, your ring is beautiful, as is. I love the extra detail on your band. The brilliant cut really pops.

Ladies, I love my emerald cut, but your brilliants were making me envious so I had to get a round blur zircon right hand ring:giggle:

Wow!! Absolutely gorgeous
Thank you!

That is such a sweet comment, thank you! :smile: Setting is beautiful and goes really well with my wedding band, but I'm just not sure if I'm a solitaire girl. I'm trying it out since stone is so large and I do love seeing the stone in its full glory, but I've always been a halo girl at heart plus I would love a more elaborate vintage inspired setting to go with the old cut. But I haven't fully committed to changing the setting yet so who knows!

Babyblue033 show us your dream setting! I agree with Compass Rose, your ring is beautiful, as is. I love the extra detail on your band. The brilliant cut really pops.

Ladies, I love my emerald cut, but your brilliants were making me envious so I had to get a round blur zircon right hand ring:giggle:
This is the setting someone from the other forum had made many years ago, and shockingly to me, she ended up resetting it pretty soon after. But it has been my dream setting ever since I've seen it, even when I didn't have a diamond to put in it. It's quite pricey though so I'm waiting to make sure I definitely want it, plus save my pennies for it.

Screenshot_20180627-133016_Gallery.jpg

I'm the opposite of you. I love my OEC but love seeing everyone's step cuts, so I'm working on an emerald in asscher cut with a cutter, to wear as a RHR :smile:

Thank you!

That is such a sweet comment, thank you! :smile: Setting is beautiful and goes really well with my wedding band, but I'm just not sure if I'm a solitaire girl. I'm trying it out since stone is so large and I do love seeing the stone in its full glory, but I've always been a halo girl at heart plus I would love a more elaborate vintage inspired setting to go with the old cut. But I haven't fully committed to changing the setting yet so who knows!

This is the setting someone from the other forum had made many years ago, and shockingly to me, she ended up resetting it pretty soon after. But it has been my dream setting ever since I've seen it, even when I didn't have a diamond to put in it. It's quite pricey though so I'm waiting to make sure I definitely want it, plus save my pennies for it.

View attachment 4113865

I'm the opposite of you. I love my OEC but love seeing everyone's step cuts, so I'm working on an emerald in asscher cut with a cutter, to wear as a RHR :smile:

Your brilliant is so pretty as it. I was also tempted to halo my emerald cut when I reset it, but my jeweler talked me out of it due to my stone size. Your stone is a fantastic size already. I ended up haloing only my tapered baguettes. Why not halo the asscher/emerald rhr? Then you will have two stunning rings!