ENGAGEMENT RINGS! What does yours look like?

I also have a princess cut similar to that but I do love the emerald cut better on you. Imo
emoji4.png
I got mine back in 2009 but as the years go by I find myself loving the emerald cuts. What are the specifics of both the emerald and the princess?
Yes the princess cut with the halo was beautiful and sparkly, but I don't think it flattered my hands.
Emerald: 1.05, F, VVS1 Princess: 1.04, F, VS2
I also have a princess cut similar to that but I do love the emerald cut better on you. Imo [emoji4] I got mine back in 2009 but as the years go by I find myself loving the emerald cuts. What are the specifics of both the emerald and the princess?
Do you have a finger shot of your princess cut? I am still torn! I love the emerald cut shape on me, but it lacks the brilliance which the princess cut gives. Can I just keep both! :-P

Excuse my nails and swollen fingers, but I got back the princess cut today and it didn't flatter my finger! The emerald isn't sized properly, but what do you all think?

One thing I found after having a a halo'd round for the past 5 years, is that I am actually a solitaire kind of girl. Halos only really look good on me if there is tons of finger coverage (like a halo with sidestones). But a solitaire looks nice on its own and is easily blinged up with eternities or 5 stone rings or other stacking options.

Going a solitaire route in a simple setting would also potentially let you divert some cash to a larger stone.

Also, you'd really do good to make sure you get an ASET image of fancy cuts if you are looking at them to check light performance. They are trickier to pick ones with good performance. You can't go by the number with them.

Excuse my nails and swollen fingers, but I got back the princess cut today and it didn't flatter my finger! The emerald isn't sized properly, but what do you all think?
I think the Emerald cut suits your finger best. I like how it has more finger coverage on you than the princess cut. However, both are beautiful rings and you can't go wrong with either one. Good luck choosing!

Yes the princess cut with the halo was beautiful and sparkly, but I don't think it flattered my hands.

Do you have a finger shot of your princess cut? I am still torn! I love the emerald cut shape on me, but it lacks the brilliance which the princess cut gives. Can I just keep both! :-P

I love the emerald cut. One of my erings is an emerald and it's just my favorite. I just love the big flashes of light it catches. I adore the halo on the emerald too, it's gorgeous and way more flattering to your finger [emoji4]

One thing I found after having a a halo'd round for the past 5 years, is that I am actually a solitaire kind of girl. Halos only really look good on me if there is tons of finger coverage (like a halo with sidestones). But a solitaire looks nice on its own and is easily blinged up with eternities or 5 stone rings or other stacking options.

Going a solitaire route in a simple setting would also potentially let you divert some cash to a larger stone.

Also, you'd really do good to make sure you get an ASET image of fancy cuts if you are looking at them to check light performance. They are trickier to pick ones with good performance. You can't go by the number with them.

I agree with you on halos. I love them but they look better on everyone else but me. Solitaires are just so simple and classic. The simplicity of them, makes them so beautiful.

Sure first pic is on my chubby hand lol The second pic is on my daughters hand[emoji4] Just so you get an idea. However I totally get what your saying I would totally love an emerald cut but I couldn't imagine parting with my princess[emoji4]IMG_1484977372.587675.jpgIMG_1484977385.029825.jpg