Emergency Decision--Please HELP!

I love the Elise but have the same concerns about the white. I am not a big LV fan so I haven't a clue what the Mizi looks like, though it seems like it's rare and popular--not a bag you will get a second shot at. I say buy both, try both and return the one you don't love.

wickedassin said:
Ok, I need some votes and input within the next three hours or so....

Just found out that I can get a Mizi Vienna in the black/green combo.... I think it's a potential life-time purse. But it does cost $2710...

Or I can keep the chalk MJ Elise that's being sent to me. That "only" costs $1050... A little paranoid about a white bag and/or that it might change colors. (Can't believe I'm considering a $3k purse)

Which one would you guys go with?

it sounds like you are having reservations about the MJ. go for the Mizi, it souns beautiful and as if its what you want. just don't think about the price. its not a 3k handbag but 2.7k;)

valerieb said:
I love the Elise but have the same concerns about the white. I am not a big LV fan so I haven't a clue what the Mizi looks like, though it seems like it's rare and popular--not a bag you will get a second shot at. I say buy both, try both and return the one you don't love.

Hi Valerie! If you look at Star377's collection, on the first page, she has her Mizi Vienna photographed--I think it's the 4th or 5th bag. The one I'd get would be green where you see the monogram embossing, but the rest of the bag would be black. Your idea is probably the most practical way to go! Thanks for the input!

Keep the input coming! At this point, I'm thinking that since this is a black/green Mizi, unless I'm in love--I'll pass--I shouldn't spend so much on a bag I don't absolutely ADORE. Then I'll wait for the Elise to arrive and evaluate it on its own... But I love hearing everyone's input--so feel free to pitch in your 2 cents!

If it's not the right colour of Mizi, that makes a huge huge difference. It should be the perfect Mizi.

I'm not sure about the white, either. It probably would yellow -- white just doesn't tend to have staying power. Hard to know.

Black/green. I'm a little worried that the green is ugly... In one photo from an ebay auction--that looks legit, it's a weird military/army green. On the LV website, it looks more like a nice forest green... Have you seen the green?

i think if you're spending that much for a bag. (although, mizi is really a TDF bag). it's important that you absolutely like the color too. otherwise, you will just regret it. goodluck on your decision ;)

tomato_juice said:
i think if you're spending that much for a bag. (although, mizi is really a TDF bag). it's important that you absolutely like the color too. otherwise, you will just regret it. goodluck on your decision ;)

Thanks! I agree with you too. If I'm not instantly in love--I'm going to pass. It's not worth being just "ok" about it.

wickedassin said:
Black/green. I'm a little worried that the green is ugly... In one photo from an ebay auction--that looks legit, it's a weird military/army green. On the LV website, it looks more like a nice forest green... Have you seen the green?

I would for MIZI Vienna for sure! But where are getting this bag from?? I am a bit hesitant if you got it from ebay. I have seen the black/green on LV Mizi V long ago and although my first choice would be black/black, but the black/green was nice too.

But you must take this into the consideration. If money is not the object, would you settle with the black/green? Unless you love that color so much and plus you are guarantee that the bag is real, then go for it!

UPDATE: Hi Ladies! I took the plunge! I got the Mizi Vienna in black/green. My local NM had the only one left in the US! I looked it over carefully--it's brand-new, no scratches or dings. They told me that someone had been on their waiting list for AGES for it. Apparently at some point, larger NM LV boutiques will send out things to the smaller stores once a season ends. Well, the person on the list couldn't buy the bag cause her hubby said "No way!" So the bag was out on display (Thanks for the heads up, Addicted!)

I even compared it to a black Elise for size, etc (a chalk one is being sent out to me). I love the green on this bag--I'm a little hesitant about the price. I can't believe I just spent that much!!! But I think this is my "holy grail" of purses. I love the color combo and that it's a limited edition. I'll compare it to the Elise when it arrives later this week to make sure this is it. But I do love the bag! DEFINITELY NO MORE BAGS FOR ME!

I'll try to post pics this evening. Thanks for everyone's input--you guys are the best!