Eluxury - They sent me an old Damier Brera

If the zipper falls funny and caving in at the sides, then definitely exchange it for another one. You should be 100% satisfied with your purchase! I would not however, return it soley based on the datecode.

Date codes shouldn't matter. The quality of the bag is what matters. If the zipper is less than perfect, return it for a properly working bag. If it doesn't bother you, I wouldn't pay any mind to the date code.

I think you should return it if it bothers you because you should be completely satisfied with your purchase!! That's just your own personal preference. Some people only want only bags made in France and you prefer a bag with a newer date code...do whatever makes you happy!

cinderella said:
Hi. I've never posted before but I've been lurking and learning so much.

I've just received from eluxury a LV Damier Brera. The date code is VI0045. It means that it was made in April 2005. It's almost April 2006. It's been sitting around for almost one year! Would you return it due to that alone?

I also think the zipper is falling funny. By that I mean it is caving in on the sides. Maybe because it's been sitting around? Or is that the nature of this bag?

Please tell me, what would you do? Would you exchange it for a newer bag?

Thanks.

I don't have a Brera so I can't answer the second part of your question. I recently purchased a discontinued ludlow (a small wallet) and the date code points to a 2003 production date. It's brand spanking new, last one in the country, so it's all possible.

It depends on which store you purchased your item from (one of the LV boutique around my area is a small tiny one and because there are two other larger LV boutiques around the same general area, their turn-around is slower. ;) But!! the small boutique sometimes have stock on items that were sold out elsewhere.

I personally won't exchange just based upon an older date code, unless there's something wrong with the underlying bag.

ayla said:
It could be that the bag just isn't very popular and they have one made a few years ago, it doesn't necessarily mean it's been pre touched or the such.

But since it is your bag, you should do whatever would make you more comfortable, and if you do want one with a newer manufacturing date, hey, it's your money ! ;)
I agree Ayala.

Wow! I have a bag from elux I bought in 05'. The date code is 01'! It was definately new and I never thought to return it, didn't want to.

I wouldn't want to return mine but I wonder if elux takes returns based on that? ie. want a bag made more recently. Anybody know?