Early Christmas Loot! Advice Needed!

I got home after work yesterday and discovered a GIANT box on the bed. I unwrapped it and much to my surprise, am now the very proud owner of Coach 1808- the huge leather pocket satchel. :yahoo:

coach1808.jpg

I even dreamt about this purse last night... I was carrying it around at a university and forgot to take the tags off. :rolleyes:

I absolutely LOVE the design, the only hitch is that I'm scared to death of leather (let alone calfskin- I never buy leather products for myself), and that all the hardware is brass. Come on Coach! Nothing I own is brass or gold colored.

I'm looking into getting something to put on the outside of the bag to help integrate it with the stuff I already have (black and silver). Any suggestions? Does it bother anyone else to have silver zippers clash with brass buckles? :shame:

I have that bag and love it. The leather can scratch but it rubs right out. I am very careful with my bags. I also try to match my jewelry to the hardware. It would have been very cute with nickel hardware but it came with brass....what's a girl to do.

foxhunt, I think this is one GORGEOUS bag! I wouldn't have any problems mixing up gold and silver if I were you. There are a lot of jewelry designs out there that blend white and yellow gold together and they look fabulous. I know what you mean about leather fear---as a fellow Washingtonian I have a dreaded fear of wearing anything suede. LOL! Congrats on your good fortune. (You know, you could probably spray it with a leather protector if you are really nervous. I did that with my leather jacket and it holds up great. Just remember to test in an inconspicuous spot first!)

Thanks to everyone for their comments!

La Pucelle- It's good to know that the leather is so resilient- sounds like the perfect bag for the climate here. :smile: I keep looking at it and playing with it... I can't keep my eyes off of it! It's my first satchel from Coach. HighOnHandbags- I'm so glad to hear that scratches come out. I try to be careful but you never know what can happen.

I'm just going to put my issues with brass/silver aside and wear it with pride. It's just too nice of a bag to ignore. :smile:

Gorgeous bag! Congrats! I love mixing silver and gold! My wedding band is both and I use that as an excuse to wear either color or both together. I agree with tloveshim who said that they're both neutrals!

And definitely take advantage of the boyfriend's advice to buy more jewelry - my, you have him trained well!

Enjoy!

The brass is neutral and has that tarnished look as opposed to shiny gold hardware. It will not clash. I think that you are just not used to it. I thought it was a little bit weird when Coach started using the nickel and I didn't like it but I just got used to it and it's fine.

Beautiful bag. Congrats.