Dying for a Birkin -- SORRY LOOOONG post.....

"I've waited forty years for my Birkin, and I've visited the store religiously three times a week and all the Birkins I ever saw were reserved for other people and the waitlists were always closed.... Give me my Birkin NOW!"

women6.gif

Thank you for the laughs! :roflmfao:

happy4:
If something gets under your skin like a craving for a Hermes bag, there is no other cure than to suck it up and go for it. You won't be happy with anything else you try to substitute, and life is too short to settle for second or third best. Aim for your dreams!!!
Do yourself a favor and buy only from a reputable seller, preferably a storefront. I've been ripped off on eBay before by various sellers peddling fakes, and it's getting old. You really don't have much recourse against them. Sure, you can complain, or give them bad feedback, but they only change their user names and come right back onto the auctions anyway.

I'm sorry but you have to be selfish every once in a while. You sound like a very caring mom and a Birkin sounds like the perfect treat.

As for the How's. Personally, I would try and purchase it through Hermes. If that doesn't work, then by all means use a reseller with a clean reputation.

Also have you considered Vintage Birkin bags? I myself prefer vintage to new.

If you want to purchase through Hermes, from what I've read you might as well take a week-end trip to Paris. You'd save money, increase the chanse of getting what you want and thus maybe feel like you get "More" for your money. And also, then you will maybe have more for later. ;)

Hello! Me again. I promised that I would go the official H route... But sorry... just couldn't resist the ebay reseller. :noggin:

I confirmed her reputation in our reference threads so I'm pretty sure there is no authenticity questions. It's not the BJ that I originally wanted but nonetheless a very gorgeous color. And it's not togo but still has the texture that I liked. I just keep loving it more and more every time I look at it! I'm not sure how you define vintage but it's from the nineties. :yes:

I just love it!! :yahoo::happydance:

Again, thanks all for your advices and support! You guys are just a lovely group of ladies (and gents)!!

Oh and in case someone is getting a heart attack from me not listening to some of your advices... :lecture:

I got it at a pretty good price given it's nice condition... definitely didn't pay a ridiculous amount of premium... so hope this piece of information can ease your chest pain a little bit..
:cutesy: