Dune

Yes. I actually enjoyed it. I'm a fan of the books and saw the previous versions too. Even if it's an action movie it's quite slow paced at times. Visually is quite beautiful.

I've read the books and watched all three film/tv versions, I think this version is probably the most friendly to a non-book viewer. The cinematography is beautiful but I personally wasn't happy with a lot of choices/changes from the book.

It feels very slow paced to me, I'd call it a streamlined version of Dune, it's very minimalistic. I wouldn't call it an action film... it's more a political feud/sc-fi type film (think Game of Thrones but minus the sex and violence/death and in a sci-fi universe). I'd recommend watching it as it's good to try new things :smile:

• Thanks
Reactions: sdkitty
I love the books, this movie was blah and boring for me, the acting was not good, though all the actors were good actors, so maybe it was the scripts-I had high hopes. Preferred the old movie version in 1980s. I was very disappointed by the slow pace and the rendition of the lines of the actors.

Reactions: jen_sparro