Dudes and their Diors

Added this gorgeous Dior wool suit jacket. So many incredible details:

-Satin “Christian Dior Atelier” patch
-Double breasted/flap pocket/peak satin lapel.
Interesting stitch detail through the breast pocket.

The tailoring is immaculate!
Incredible! That patch on the sleeve makes this suit really unique!

Reactions: Aerdem
So much for saving. I couldn't resist this. I went into the Bloor St. boutique to inquire about it and somehow they had one in stock. It really matched the Fendi Peekaboo that I was wearing today, so I got it. Any guesses?
View attachment 4524388 View attachment 4524389

@averagejoe Your Fendi Peekaboo is soooo nice! I have an old peekaboo from 2015 and yours look different. I think I have the womens large though but it was large and square enough that I used to use it for the office hahaha.
Do we have a Fendi for guys thread yet? haha:biggrin:

Reactions: averagejoe
@averagejoe love the bag! So fashionable you!:P

Thank you very much!

I really, really want to like the saddle, but for some reason it just looks off to me. Maybe it's the patch of leather attaching the strap to the main body of the bag, or maybe its just a tad too large.

Might end up getting this from Peter Nitz instead - way cheaper as well

View attachment 4530308 View attachment 4530309
At first I thought the same about the Saddle. I wasn't sure about that large patch of leather. But then I saw it on some Instagrammers and members on this thread, and I was tempted. I didn't even think I would buy it because I already bought the clutch version which I turned into a cross-body belt bag with the Dior Men (Alyx buckle) belt. All it took was trying it on to get me completely hooked! The way it hugs around the body is very unique. I also love the way the thick strap and large buckle look across the chest when the bag is worn. It is not large at all. In fact, it doesn't hold very much, but then again most of my other bags are much larger so I'm used to larger bags.

This Peter Nitz bag is nice, but I've learned something from my past experiences. When I want a bag but talk myself out of it (sometimes due to price), I sometimes buy something cheaper as a "substitute". It hasn't ever gone well for me. I still want the original bag, and eventually end up buying it, making the substitute bag useless. For instance, I got a doctor bag because I wasn't sure if I wanted to pay that much for Burberry's DK88 doctor bag. But I still wanted the DK88. I eventually got it and the other doctor bag became useless. What a waste of money.

I really, really want to like the saddle, but for some reason it just looks off to me. Maybe it's the patch of leather attaching the strap to the main body of the bag, or maybe its just a tad too large.

Might end up getting this from Peter Nitz instead - way cheaper as well

That is a beautiful bag, but I agree with @averagejoe that it's a bad idea if it's a substitute in your head. If you truly want and need both bags then I would go ahead, but if you're getting it for price reasons, it might not be a good idea. Do you want a "Dior bag"/ saddle or do you want a beautiful well made bag that is practical for your needs?

I like the look of the saddle bags in photos, but it's not a useful size or design for me (basically can't hold a laptop), so I highly doubt I'm going to get one at this point. If I really, really loved the saddle I probably would've gotten it anyways though! So I think you just have to figure out what you really want and go for it. :smile: just don't settle.

Reactions: averagejoe
I dont view the PN as a substitute for the Dior Saddle. I need a bag in that size, but I dont seem to like the Saddle worn. It looks nice when displayed, that's it. Im just thinking of which one to buy - might I eventually fall in love with the Saddle, just get the PN, or a Frank Clegg small duffle?

5134730395719_2000x.jpg

I dont view the PN as a substitute for the Dior Saddle. I need a bag in that size, but I dont seem to like the Saddle worn. It looks nice when displayed, that's it. Im just thinking of which one to buy - might I eventually fall in love with the Saddle, just get the PN, or a Frank Clegg small duffle?

5134730395719_2000x.jpg
I like the way this small duffel looks. It looks nicer than the PN. I think the PN would look even better if the lock in the front was not circular, and was squarish instead.

Reactions: Liberté