Does anyone know if Tiffany ever goes on sale??

I have a feeling that that will change in the next few years. Either Tiffany will start having sales or they'll bring their prices down. They will face hard times as people catch on that Tiffany's quality has been matched many times by other jewelers who charge much less. Plus Tiffany's designs are particularly innovative. Like the American Express of yesteryear, Tiffany is slowly losing it's allure and it's got to be hitting them in the balance sheet.

They better not start having sales or bringing down their prices or else their name will surely take a hit. I'd say they need to start producing less and slowing down with their silver pieces. Honestly, a lot of ppl have tiffany silver jewelry and its become so over played, so rather than trying to get rid of their stuff they need to stop.

Its a given that Tiffany silver quality can be copied though and when buying tiffany you're also buying the name.. lol. all i know is, they better not being doing sales. prices have gone down on several items and if you keep track of one or two things like i have (the stuff i've bought or want) several of them have gone down or up but plez! no sales!

They better not start having sales or bringing down their prices or else their name will surely take a hit. I'd say they need to start producing less and slowing down with their silver pieces. Honestly, a lot of ppl have tiffany silver jewelry and its become so over played, so rather than trying to get rid of their stuff they need to stop.

Its a given that Tiffany silver quality can be copied though and when buying tiffany you're also buying the name.. lol. all i know is, they better not being doing sales. prices have gone down on several items and if you keep track of one or two things like i have (the stuff i've bought or want) several of them have gone down or up but plez! no sales!

definitely agree!! I think it's all about the name...925 sterling silver is just universally the same....I'd give exceptions to tiffany diamonds tho....they might have higher quality but also the price is just the implication of the brand

so really, I'd prefer that Tiffany never goes on sale:tup: just to keep the value of the brand

Anyone know if Holts will have a repeat? Plan on making a BIG purchase in the next few weeks (6 or so pieces) and I will HAPPILLY wait if holt renfrew will 25% off it!

I hope Tiffany doesn't start doing sales, only because it is a nasty cycle that ultimately leads to the degeneration of a brand's quality and image. If customers are trained to wait for a sale, they will... and thus, retailers have to lower quality to remain profitable during mark-downs.

I would rather see Tiffany narrow it's future offerings and maintain quality to the best of their ability. I don't mind silver being offered. It's not as "prestige" of a metal, but silver ties into Tiffany's history as being THE place to go for silver flatware and tea sets, lol. I would rather see Tiffany switch some of the silver designs to white gold or platinum.

If engagement rings and wedding bands are included in the 25% off, that would make my kick myself for not flying out to Vancouver to get the discount. There isn't Tiffany in Holts here in Toronto.

And I agree with Gimmethebag!

If engagement rings and wedding bands are included in the 25% off, that would make my kick myself for not flying out to Vancouver to get the discount. There isn't Tiffany in Holts here in Toronto.

And I agree with Gimmethebag!

Yeah, no tiffanys at the holts in winnipeg either but I would hop a plane to Calgary!

Yeah, I've stopped shopping with Tiffany's, even though I'm still a fan (and observer) of their jewelry, particularly their silver. Why are they having sales in Canada? It makes me wary of purchasing now if the items will simply be had lower on sale.

Also, they charged me about $20 to remove scratches from a necklace they told me years ago would be removed for free. They said "their policy changed." What the hell? I buy gold from them as well. I've spent thousands of dollars and they can't remove scratches from my necklace?

As much as I love their jewelry, they need to change their policies soon, otherwise they will crash and burn.