Does anybody else walk around the house with their new purse?

If I am going to be in one room for any length of time, my bag goes with me because I keep my iPhone in it at all times. I always know where it is. If I get a call, I don’t want to have to race to another room. I never make it because the house is big and the person always hangs up. So I keep the bag close. This is my story and I am sticking to it.

Completely agree, it's always when I'm nice and cozy I realize I forgot my eyeglasses or something.

Ok. I’m the oddball in the group. I don’t carry or stare at new bags in my house. I have too much else I’m into.

When I get my bags, I squeal with joy and have lots of fun inspecting and exploring the features of the bag. Then when I’m done, I happily put it in its place of honor in my closet. That’s enough for me. The happy lasts as I think of the bag and go about my day / evening.

That being said, I almost always wear my bag out and about within a day or two. I don’t ever have bags that become museum pieces. They’re always called into duty quickly because I’m so excited!! I will make up outfits / events / random reasons to wear my new bag ASAP. LOL!

I try not to wear mine out because I spend so much for them, but I do believe they should get used rather than sit n stare at them.

ooooooh yes! like this! i call it 'playing with my bag', trying out combinations of pouches to put into, and end up with displaying the bag somewhere prominent where i can see and smell it all day long.

my cat hates my playing time, tho.

I don't let my cat anywhere near me when I have bags out, I have a little Abyssinian, he's not a scratcher, but still don't want to take a chance.

I also LOVE experimenting too! I always start with the largest object, say a Kindle or small paperback, then see what else it can hold. Hours of fun!

Oh god yes! I pathologically “re-curate” everything in my life- especially my closet. I love to go through my things often.. give everything a once over, as well as to purely admire beautiful objects. Sometimes I’ll just take out my bags for the hell of it. It’s great fun :biggrin:
Well, yea! I do that all the time. Some of my favorite fun time is when I do my regular monthly full collection inspection / cleaning / (shhhhh!) playing. :lol:
I also like playing in my closet to make new outfits, inspect my items to see what need to stay or go, etc.
I try not to wear mine out because I spend so much for them, but I do believe they should get used rather than sit n stare at them.
I’m with you on this. I don’t like my bags to look worn out. I actually want them to look as close to new as possible.
I’m lucky to have enough bags to rotate them so that they never get worn out. Plus I’m just naturally and easily careful with my bags.
It’s actually a fine balance. I know that if my collection grows too much I won’t be able to regularly use all my bags. But, if it gets too small, I’ll put more wear on them than I want and be irritable because I don’t have enough variety.

I don't wear my bags around the house, no, but I do love to try them with different outfits in front of the mirror, to see what goes with what. And of course filling them up with items is a very pleasurable passtime, when I spread everything out on the bed or on the desk and see what fits where best.

I used to have an open shelf where I would keep the bag I was carrying that day, but I have since got rid of some furniture to make more space so I now, unfortunately, the only place to keep my bag is in my closet.

Um, yes to ALL of this. Playing dress up with my bags and various outfits, also with various shoes. Because certain shoes seem to work with certain bags (latest discovery: I like the look of my mid-sized Boston-style bag with my chunky heeled suede boots). Carrying a bag around the house to get a feel for how to wear/carry/style it. Placing is somewhere where I can stare at it. Placing it next to me so I can feel (or smell, in some cases) the leather.