Do you own any non-designer/non high-end bags?

yeah , i've got a few non designer bags : Esprit , 9west , Benetton , Furla .
Benetton's bags for SS2006 are so wonderful and i love all of them . Miss60 also has some pretty bags

I don't really own any designer bags either. I have a few of Gwen Stefani's L.A.M.B. bags that weren't cheap.. and a coach.. I really want one nice designer bag though.. Something black and preferably leather. I am a poor student too who works part time at Dairy Queen.. saving my money for school/car/food/rent etc.. One day I will get my purse :smile:

I have a mix of both, but I am using my designers much more frequently now. Okay, always! It's a transition. I believe once you get into the designers..... there's NO going back.

Bump! I was cleaning out my "purse closet" today and found a brand new white leather Fossil hobo! None of my LV's are shoulder bags (well I guess the mini sacs are with the strap...but not practical for all day) and I was wanting a shoulder bag to carry for a bit.

I didn't think I was a bag snob...until I realized how much I miss my LVs already...:hrmm: Seriously, though..I even have a leather bag from WalMart that I like..

I like picking up bags on my travels from the local talent. Especially in Florence, you can find some bags of incredible quality by artisans no one has ever heard of outside of their quarter...sometimes you can find some artisans there who are actually willing to do something original and not just a very good knock off (more often than not, an exact copy) of the designer bags the create during the day=)…you know, “one for Fendi, one for me, one for Gucci, one for me…” I

In short, I have some bags I picked up for a song, which are not considered “designer” by certain chosen definitions of that term…but the quality is impeccable and the design, original, or so classic no one can any longer claim it as their own.

I do, however, tend to stay away from anything which may have been created at the hands of overworked and underpaid people in dark moldy factories…especially if those people may be under the age of 12. (16 is actually my limit, but I wanted to exaggerate the point). I know they have to eat, and often that means children have to work for their food in some of these places, at least, while they are making bags they aren’t being sold into prostitution, right?…I just don’t feel right exploiting that fact. (please excuse my intentional sarcasm…I’ve seen it…it is ugly…very, very ugly and the thought of it is making it hard to swallow my morning coffee).

Rather than buying a cheep bag, just for the sake of it being cute and of a good quality, if it is questionably manufactured, I would really prefer to take the money I would have spent on a designer bag and send it to an organization which helps these societies find better economic solutions…or, maybe just gives kids a chance to be kids…

Sorry to mix handbags and politics…couldn’t help myself…

Well, unless you consider Coach not-high-end (they cost a hell of a lot of money for someone who doesn't have much of an income!! ie. me!), then no I don't. I've mainly got Coach, Louis Vuitton, and Fendi

I used to buy a lot of Nine West bags - but I got tired of the "leather" peeling off of the bags, and was basically not satisfied with their quality.

My shoes aren't really designer. I've got a wide foot, so it's difficult for me to find shoes. I have shoes from: Naturalizer, Burberry (wedges I got on sale!!!), L. Paolo, and other random brands.

I have this beautiful brown alligator/crocodile(?) clutch that I love!
I have no idea who's it from and it's definitely not a brand.
But it's elegant and very well made.
I think most tend to lean toward brands for the craftsmanship and quality more than just the fact that it's a brand.

47b4ce36b3127ccea8866f5d32220000001610

i'm into the phase of only willing to buy "very cheap" or "very expensive" bags. cause i don't believe something in the middle. i don't want to pay for middle end price for a bag that's not stand for quality. so i'd rather buy vintage bags (lots of nice style and unique) that cost only 5-20$ tops, or saving to buy an lv or balenciaga.
now i owned lots and lots of vintage bags, and designers like lv, balenciaga and chanel. also for designers bag, almost all of mine are 2nd handed. i can't afford retail, well actually i don't want to purchase retails. :P

I have a load of Coach plus some higher end bags. As soon as I bought my first Coach bag I gave away all my other bags. I just had no desire to carry anything else. Now with my LV collection growing I find myself leaning away from taking out my Coach bags. They may turn into winter only bags. I do still have a Victoria Secret bag that I got for free with some of my purchases - I ended up using it to hold pennies until I got a change jar. lol

I'm in the same boat... 21, going to graduate next year and studied abroad this year (talk about bleeding money). I own mostly nine west, that sort of thing, $50 or less. I'd love to get a kate spade, Ferragamo, or Balenciaga.

Thus far, all of my purses are non-designer. I love designer purses, but most of them aren't in my price range. Even when the day comes that they (hopefully!) will be in my price range, I will still buy some non-designer purses.