Do you own any non-designer/non high-end bags?

I'm on the purse forum for mainly education purposes, as I find it all fascinating. I own a few middle-range designers, but they're all ones I'm selling! Haha. I personally love Fossil bags, but it's not really considered designer. I have quite a few bags, but I'm realizing that I'm so over low brands, i.e. Walmart/ Target. I totally skip the accessories section at those stores now. I'm not too far out of College.

I purged some 14 bags in the last two years so the only remaining non premier designer bags in my cOllection are
1) furla shopping tote (for casual days)
2) Longchamp Metal (as carry on bag during travels)
3 a no brand straw bag that I got from Tokyo last summer)
4) a no brand grey backpack (for hands-free days)

To this very old thread, I am going to add my thoughts in 2019 and I'm doing this because there might be someone who says "We already have a thread on this."
I am sitting at my desk and from where I sit I can see a large black backpack: a made for QVC special done by Isaac Mizrahi. I think I got it for around $100 and it's the greatest. The pebbled leather is soft and yummy. It's large enough that I can put in a change of clothes or my MacBook Pro. And it has a slip pocket in the back. it's very minimalist-looking. I've gotten a lot of use out of it and probably will use it until it dies.
. And there's those Human Luggage paper bags they used to sell in Duane Reade and Walgreens. They're paper bags that were sold to be reusable. They have two sets of shoulder straps, a shorter one for hand carry or wearing on the arm and a long strap for shoulder carry. They fold down nicely and can fit in a handbag or backpack, It's not a handbag, but like a handbag, it carries "stuff," and was carried by many a New Yorker.

Reactions: daisychainz
Aside from my one designer bag - a Chanel medium double flap in Lambskin black with GHW which was gifted to me in a will...

I have bought Brahmin bags (highly recommend them as they are pure leather and high quality!)
I have a Coach dreamer in quilted Lambskin black with rivets - was about 900.00 CAD (my biggest splurge yet on my own)

I plan on getting either a YSL sulpice chain wallet in malesase if they ever make anything besides red and black (I like the black but with the dreamer and Chanel flap I don’t need another black crossbody!)

And I am close to getting a Givenchy GV3 small. Farfetch has last year’s light pink with SHW on for 1800 CAD with duty included in the price so that’s great! And summer is coming! So I may have that soon if I can make up my mind!

I have several of Issac mirzahi bags from his bridgehampton line. Pebbled leather and lamb leather . I love them. So very soft and great colors as well as styles. They can cost a couple of hundred from qvc. But do go on sale at times. His bags are my favorite!!! Won't say how many I have

I own several high-end bags like Chanel, Louis Vuitton, and Fendi. I love my lower end bags also. I have 2 that carry the most. I have a classic Dooney drawstring and a Vince Camuto all leather backpack that's fun and lightweight to carry. For me, I have a love for handbags. You can get good quality that you don't spend a fortune on.

Reactions: kaledonia
I do not have any MK bags and never had one, just wallet. Sorry, but it looks cheap to me.
More affordable italian bags ( Giudi, Laura di maggio) I bought in outlet years ago look like new. They are my workbags ( I do not wear designers bag every day ).
I have also some Adax bags and quality is good. I am just not a fan of their design in general, but here in Norway they are popular in some areas.
Desigual was also a good bag for me for years, but it felt apart. For the same price I choose italian brands, they look more chic.
Polish designers offer also a good quality and unique style.
I'm on the purse forum for mainly education purposes, as I find it all fascinating. I own a few middle-range designers, but they're all ones I'm selling! Haha. I personally love Fossil bags, but it's not really considered designer. I have quite a few bags, but I'm realizing that I'm so over low brands, i.e. Walmart/ Target. I totally skip the accessories section at those stores now. I'm not too far out of College.
I have just one Fossil bag and the last one ! I do not like the quality of this bag. I have only used my crossbody Fossil bag during holidays ( 2 weeks every times in 5 years ) and the leather looks terrible.

Half of my collection are non-premier and I enjoy them just as much. Sometimes, indie/contemporary designers’ quality of leather and attention to detail are just as good (if not better) than premier designers, and do not come with premier price tags.

• Love
Reactions: Joule and JenJBS
Two of my favorite bags are BV inspired pouch styles from Etsy
And a few bags from Suarez, a stand alone, family owned shop in NYC.
an evelyne style nylon bag from Paul Stuart
And a few modern style ghurka bags (hand painted camo canvas and some leather

I don’t buy high end designer bags either, they are just my inspiration to look for similars in a lower price. I just feel like they aren’t worth the price.

my most expensive bags are Michael Kors that I got on sale. So I even save on my contemporary bags on sale. Always wait till the end of the sale.

and still I’m not into owning a huge collection.