Do you love the pursuit more than the bag itself?

I can totally relate, but only for some of my bags. I have a tendency to wait too long, and when I finally decide on it, it's too late. Then, I go into the obsessive mode of asking any SA to track it down (and my personal experience is that they don't really like to do that because I've never had success using that route) or calling random stores myself. If that fails, I scour eBay....but usually at that point, I think the momentum dies down a bit for me. On the ones that I am successful, maybe a few of them I regret.

Yea, so sometimes "when you get what you want, you don't want it" I keep telling myself "tomorrow I''ll wear my Chanel or my LV or my BE&D or whatever - but more often, they just sit in their dust bags in perfect condition (hardly having been used).

SuzyZ said:
Yea, so sometimes "when you get what you want, you don't want it" I keep telling myself "tomorrow I''ll wear my Chanel or my LV or my BE&D or whatever - but more often, they just sit in their dust bags in perfect condition (hardly having been used).

I can relate competely.
I get the purse out and see that a diaper bag with purse, although a nice purse, is just too much...so I end up stuffing my wallet in the diaper bag.

I wonder how swankymamaof3 handles this. I haven't gotten the baby juggling and purse thing to work yet.

Pursuit?...shopping illness....same thing!I have WAY too many bags!-Yes...some never used...
I need to learn how to Ebay...its just so hard when I myself dont trust the ebay sites as it is!

happy1 said:
Before you guys go nutty over what I'm about to say, brace yourselves...my husband bought me a birkin for the birth of our daughter and I've used it once. It was really exciting choosing the color and hardware and all the good stuff, and it arrived exactly a week after our daughter was born. I just never found use for it...I didn't want to do a Kate Moss and use it as a diaper bag.

I had a "Birkin moment" myself. I was obsessed by the opportunity to purchase one...I purchased a black Birkin as I considered it to be "classic"...I told myself and my husband that it would be just like my Cartier tank watch...once you have something excellent that you love, it is forever, you do not need any more...I used the Birkin 5-6 times...then sold it on ebay... In this case, the pursuit was much more exciting than using the bag (it was arm held only and very heavy!). I learned that I am a quality, but fun bag person (now I have way too many Balenciaga, Chloe, and YSL bags)...

I enjoy shopping but hate it went I really have to hunt down a bag I want. I find it very stressful. I feel pressured to buy a bag that is hard to get when I have the opportunity because I'm afraid if I pass on it I'll want it later and won't be able to get it. I think that's how I wound up with the gaucho, Spy, blah, blah, blah.... Love the bags, hate the hunt!

SoCal said:
I had a "Birkin moment" myself. I was obsessed by the opportunity to purchase one...I purchased a black Birkin as I considered it to be "classic"...I told myself and my husband that it would be just like my Cartier tank watch...once you have something excellent that you love, it is forever, you do not need any more...I used the Birkin 5-6 times...then sold it on ebay... In this case, the pursuit was much more exciting than using the bag (it was arm held only and very heavy!). I learned that I am a quality, but fun bag person (now I have way too many Balenciaga, Chloe, and YSL bags)...

You spoke my mind, it weighs a ton. I finally bought a Balenciaga and could not believe how light it was... and has a shoulder strap. I'm hooked.

Once in a while you run into a bag an it goes like this:
1) You gotta have it!
2) You look and search and call and finally find it!
3) You get it and you are thrilled!
4) You fill it with your stuff!
5) you wear it every day!
6) Several times during the day while you have it on your arm, you remember it and get thrilled again!.
7) The chanel, LV, IF, Be&D, Prada etc. stay in the closet.

You have found your perfect bag. What is it?

For me, her name is ROXANNE (in oak).

i feel a rush when i hand over my debit or hundreds in cash to the sa. i guess i'm not so much for the hunt but for the buying haha. hunting for a bag is a good excuse to go to the mall though :amuse: . mostly i don't neglect the bags i NEED to have but lately...