Do you love the pursuit more than the bag itself?

happy1

O.G.
Feb 9, 2006
I was wondering if any of you feel as I do. If I see a bag I like, and if it is a particularly "hot" bag that is highly coveted, I try harder to possess it. However, once I have the bag, I'm ready to move on to the next one. I end up with many nice bags that I really don't use too often.

marspalm

pursefreak<3
Jan 21, 2006
New Jersey
Sometimes i do that, i'll see a bag and HAVE TO HAVE IT but once i get it... i really don't use it or like it as much as i did when i didnt have it... does that make sense??

harley

Look out Singapore!!
Jan 10, 2006
NYC
Sometimes ...

There are a few that I rarely if ever use ... I call them impulse buys ... or rather a buy if the one I was really looking for was not available ... and yes they are pricey and that is what my husband does not understand about him ..

he doesn't have a problem with me buying bags ... he does have a problem if I go looking for a paddy ... find a mulberry instead ... buy the mulberry ... rationalize it to him saying that it is what a really wanted in the first place ... then a month later I go buy the paddy also !!!!

ayla

nyan nyan percent
O.G.
Oct 19, 2005
Toronto, Ontario
Sometimes.. I like the saving, and the imagining outfits with it.. and then the final conquest. Sometimes it just sits in my closet after though. ugh

happy1

O.G.
Feb 9, 2006
Before you guys go nutty over what I'm about to say, brace yourselves...my husband bought me a birkin for the birth of our daughter and I've used it once. It was really exciting choosing the color and hardware and all the good stuff, and it arrived exactly a week after our daughter was born. I just never found use for it...I didn't want to do a Kate Moss and use it as a diaper bag.

helenNZ

O.G.
Jan 8, 2006
sometimes, i'm like that! But since ive gotten more into my bags, i totally rotate! :amuse: but at the moment the pursuit is going to last for a couple of months or even a year.... :sad2:

Cristina

Oct 23, 2005
South Florida
The chase is fun, but I think when you open the box that just arrived in the mail or go to the store and pick it up, it's even better. Carrying a new bag for the first time is a great feeling :nuts: I will find an excuse to go out that evening, whether it's running to Walgreens to buy shampoo or the grocery store for milk, bread, whatever! :P

Jan 10, 2006
I'll admit that I've never been into the chase until I found this forum! I think it's mainly b/c this is the first place I heard about the Stam. Then I discovered GD, and didn't know what it was, but saw it featured in my Shop, Etc. magazine so I actually KNEW what it was, lol. And I didn't realize that the LV cerise had been phased out....

So I was hunting like a nut for the Stam. But I realized that it's not really the purse for me--even after finding two of them. And I am happy that I found the forum b/c I was able to get my very FIRST LV, the Sac Plat cerise. And it's made me very happy--this purse is not going back :lol:

But yes, I admit I've gotten sucked into the hunt. But now I have a better idea of what I truly like versus what's the "it" bag to get. I think I just like the things that aren't as popular but special to me.

ginaf20697

O.G.
Nov 11, 2005
NH
I'm more into the hunt for the deal as opposed to the bag. I just have to get it as cheap as humanly possible. I guess it makes it easier to justify then.

pursemama

Pursaholic
Jan 17, 2006
California
I absolutely hate pursuing a bag or anything! When I really love a bag, I want it immediately! Luckily, I'm at an age where I'm not really into "it" bags, so I usually don't have too hard a time finding what I want.

moe

Jan 10, 2006
I am the queen of impulse buy which is why i also have tons of clothing, shoes, and bags i don't use. You're totally right about "it" bags aswell. That's why i returned my balenciagas, thankgoodness i was still in the time frame for a refund. 99% of the time its too late and i'm stuck with things i don't use. I"m even worst when i see bags on sale even though i may not love it i'll buy it because its cheap or a 10% discount....... i'm slowly processing things before puchases now.

Irissy

Balenciaga's lover
O.G.
Oct 29, 2005
California
I think I love the pursuit... the hunt for THE bag. But then once I got it, I think I take it for granted and wonder why I used to lose sleep over it.

Pnay71

Dec 23, 2005
I definitely love the pursuit and I tend to love the bag that's the hardest to get. And I'm not an impulse buyer since I hate returning anything. I usually have the SA hold the bag for me overnight while I think about it then either call the next day to cancel or come in and buy it. My SA at Nordstrom know that if I really love a bag, I will come back for it.