do you like logo bags or not?? the TRUTH please...

Not a big fan of logo bags. I always wonder why I should pay so much money to advertise for the designer? :shrugs: I prefer to have people notice my bags for the beautiful color, scrumptious leather, great design and interesting details. As always, though, that's just my opinion. To each his own.

I really did not like logo bags for the longest time. I've finally fallen for the Fendi jacquard and LV monogram logos, not in a huge way, but I no longer dislike them. I also prefer logos with brown on brown tones, so I wouldn't be unopposed to the large signature Coach bags either.

I personally don't like monogrammed bags, but I don't mind a large logo in front like the Gucci horsebit, as long as it's not the name of the label in large letters across the front....

So you NON-LOGO-LOVERS - - - what bags do you prefer? Most of the higher end seem to have some sort of logo going on.

I love the Coach Legacy Pocket bag. Dark, doesn't scream DESIGNER, but very nice quality all the same.

I think people (myself included!) are saying that they don't generally like obvious logos/monograms.

Designers like Chloe, YSL and BV, mainly use small, discreet logos (and sometimes, no logo at all, on the outside of the bag).

You have to have a knowledge of designer styles, or be very up close and personal, to even know that they are designer.

Of course, it could be argued, that 'it' bags, like the Paddy, have become their own logo.....but still!

I like some, i like LV just becuase i liked it at a young age it grew to a love, if i wasnt expossed to it that early i dont think i would like it as much. I like the Dior mens monogram (black on black) its very stylish and subtle i.e. you need to be within 2 or 3 feet to notice it the regular dior mono is just tooo loud for me! even though i dont mind the denim one i wouldnt buy it. I love YSL simple one large sign. I dont mind prada i like their stuff but waaaaay overpriced. nothing else really

i used to love monogram bags and plain leather ones just same! but when i went to causeway bay, my love for monogram bags raised to soaring levels!!! hongkong fashionistas looked so cute carrying their logo bags and dressy clothes! :smile:

if you haven't gone to hongkong, you definitely should! every baghag needs to go there for fun, shopping, dining and bagwatching!

the only logo bags i own are LVs.. however, i tend to avoid buying bags with logo all over.. in my opinion not classy and cries for attention.. same goes with RTW. Ofcourse thats just my opinion :smile:

I bought my PH because I really liked it's style, but sometimes I think the LV's on it are a bit much. I don't think I would buy anything quite so logo'ed in the future.

I'm proud to carry a beautifully made designer purse - It's fine if people can tell the designer - I just can't wear very blatant logo items - I like them small subtly placed or with a different twist. As an example, I can't bring myself to wear LV Mono but I love Damier and even mini logo. I love my Dior Rebelle because people hardly ever know - also, I like the little white Prada triangle on my white prada bag. I guress I prefer showing my stuff in a less obvious way.