Do you let others influence your bag choices?

well, balenciaga is a brand that has been around for many years.... the balenciaga 'it' bags are the only ones i like and that i think will last truly for a good time.
but then, i am a person which 90% of the time hears my mom's suggestions...parents are the only ones that give you totally truthful thoughts.

You have to think of why it's trendy now. Is it because some celebs carry it, or is it also aesthetically pleasant?
The Balenciaga bag, IMO is trendy now, but also aesthetically very nice. So maybe it won't be "in" in 4 years, but it will still be a beautiful bag.
The same can't be said (still IMO) about the balenciaga "buckle" bag with the huge buckles... Trendy yes, .... beautiful??

I will listen to what others have to say but ultimately go with what I think is more "me".
Balenciaga is definitely more of a trend bag but if LV doesn't really suit you, you probably won't use it either.

umm I dont fully understand why someone would choose to buy a so called 'classic' bag over another bag they really want.. Why is this? Because they will be worth more? or that the bag that isnt a classic will be 'out of date' someday?

If you are more attracted to the B bag, why get an LV?? In my opinion, its the wearing of the bag that counts, whether it floats your boat, not whether or not my unborn daughters will make use of it in years to come!

PS. I use other peoples opinions to confirm what I already want! If I show someone 2 bags and they pick my least favourite, I convince them why the other is better, then they change their mind and I get it lol - makes me feel ike everyones in favour!

While I do believe LV is more classic, if the Balenciaga is calling your name...go for it!

I think others do influence my bag choices in that it gives me ideas for bags I might not otherwise have considered. But ultimately, I stick with what works for me: practical (has to be big enough to easily hold what I carry on a daily basis and be comfortable to carry), in colors that work for me, styles that don't overpower me (I'm a small person), and that appeal to me athetically (nice leather, good workmanship and materials, looks good on). While I do tend to gravitate toward simpler, more classic styles, I do have a couple of more trendy bags that I like a lot.

I take other's (my husband and my mom) opinion into consideration but ultimately I still get what I like. You should make your decision based on what you really want.

fayden said:
i thought the balenciaga first aka classic, is a classic because it's been a hit for more than 10 seasons? i read that somewhere, vogue? bazaar? can't remember. so i think it would be safe to buy one. i have one in pewter and i love it. granted i only have it for 6 months, but i still get the lovey dovey feel when i carry it around. =)

I agree with Fayden. Go with your gut, and it seems like you want the Balenciaga more. I think the Balenciaga will have staying power because it has been around for so many seasons. InStyle did a piece last year about new classics and Balenciaga was one of them.

SuLi said:
I agree with Fayden. Go with your gut, and it seems like you want the Balenciaga more. I think the Balenciaga will have staying power because it has been around for so many seasons. InStyle did a piece last year about new classics and Balenciaga was one of them.

i agree with SuLi and fayden. go with your gut. it does sound like you like the balenciaga more. march issue of vogue has a huge add and of course, the black city. on another page it shoes the exotic (crocodile?). so there you go. follow your heart, you will enjoy it a lot more. i think it will atleast be around for another 2 years minimum. but with so many colors every season, maybe longer. regargless, when it becomes outdated, it will still be a very nice and comfortable bag to carry.

i always ask others for opinions on what abg to choose, but ultimately follow my heart. i learned the hard way, if i do not follow my heart, i goes back:amazed: . but its nice to hear what others think.
good luck. please do let us know what you decide and remember follow your:love: :love: :love: :P youll be happier in the end.

I think the Balenciaga will be a phase too as was the Spy and the Paddy and the MC LV. The only bags I will buy out right are the classic bags that will never go out of style and that go with everything.

I still want the "fad bags" so my best friend and I have opened a savings account together in both of our names so both of us have to be present to get money out, pick out the two bags we want, and split the difference. That way we each have a bag, both own it, and can trade them in and out. We will sell them when we are done. We save the money by skipping lunch and putting our lunch money in the account every day.