Do you have Away luggage?

I’m thinking of the bigger carry on. Have any of you had issues with the peskier airlines with the bigger one such as Spirit, Frontier etc.?

Also, are they lightweight? I returned a gorgeous aluminum Tumi bc it was heavy when empty.

I haven’t flown the economy airlines with it but I have been on smaller planes with no trouble. I do know they caution you in store that a lot of the European short trip carriers will not accept it as a carry on.

It is very light but I didn’t get the aluminum. That one is much heavier. They talked me out of it.

Is it lightweight? I have a shoulder injury from years ago and wonder how easily I can lift it myself in the overhead when I’m flying solo or with my dtr.
I didn’t find it heavier than any other suitcase. Of course my first use was a trip to my parents where is stuffed it with like 5 bottles of wine and a bunch of heavy stuff. It sure felt light on the way home when I dropped all that stuff off and only had my clothes to deal with.

i have the hybrid and it is a bit heavier than the fully plastic one. But it wasn’t something that felt noticeable to me.

I don't leave jewelry in mine now,had a couple pair of heart hoop earrings stolen.I was lucky to get them back,an employee took them.This was 5 years ago.Was not too happy finding them gone

I’m thinking of the bigger carry on. Have any of you had issues with the peskier airlines with the bigger one such as Spirit, Frontier etc.?

Also, are they lightweight? I returned a gorgeous aluminum Tumi bc it was heavy when empty.

I have a bigger carryon in aluminum. It is 11 lbs empty.

I can hoist it up into an overhead bin of a 737 (and it fits in wheels first), but it definitely has some heft to it, especially when packed with books.

It does roll very easily