Do you have Away luggage?

I’m bumping this thread bc I have been eyeing this travel brand for months! For those that got the lighter color any regrets?
I can’t decide between the smaller carry on or the larger one? I don’t like to check in bags- like ever. I had my luggage end up in Mexico once for a domestic flight. I didn’t end up losing sleep over it, but some of my prized items were in that luggage. (Bags and shoes)

I know a couple people who regretted getting the lighter colours due to scuffs and such. They give you what is essentially a magic eraser to clean it but some don’t come out entirely so you have to be ok with marks and such.

I have the larger carry on and it is amazing. Didn’t have to check it even though it felt huge. One of my friends had to on a smaller domestic flight in the US. The good thing is you can gate check it so you are less likely to lose it, I think (hope).

I’ve gone back a couple times and their service continues to be amazing.

Thanks so much @A1aGypsy!
I’m flying to Florida and I can totally see Spirit making me check in the larger carry on.

Btw that’s exactly how the airlines lost my luggage once! Via gate check. That one baffled me. I live in the east coast and flew to California. The only thing I can think of is that same flight was then headed to Mexico.

Thanks so much @A1aGypsy!
I’m flying to Florida and I can totally see Spirit making me check in the larger carry on.

Btw that’s exactly how the airlines lost my luggage once! Via gate check. That one baffled me. I live in the east coast and flew to California. The only thing I can think of is that same flight was then headed to Mexico.

Unbelievable!!I guess maybe they tucked it away somewhere and failed to collect it on arrival. I hope you got it back!

Away has the limits for most airlines in their stores. They should be able to help you with any inquires even if you don’t have a store nearby. The smaller carry on is definitely the safer bet though, for sure. I felt a bit conspicuous with this massive suitcase when I used it (even though it was fine)

Unbelievable!!I guess maybe they tucked it away somewhere and failed to collect it on arrival. I hope you got it back!

Away has the limits for most airlines in their stores. They should be able to help you with any inquires even if you don’t have a store nearby. The smaller carry on is definitely the safer bet though, for sure. I felt a bit conspicuous with this massive suitcase when I used it (even though it was fine)
Haha! I always internally panic at the airport when I travel domestically on short flights such as Frontier, Spirit etc. I feel like they are eyeing me down to tell me last minute, that my bag needs to be checked. Especially with my MZ Wallace bright blue “Carry On purse” that fits my kitchen sink! :lol:
Ps I did eventually get it back. They had no idea where to send it to. I just quit my job (this was years ago), and traveled to California. They found an old business card and LM on my work number. Thank goodness my employer did not disable my VM. On a whim a couple of weeks upon my return home I called my work line and low and behold their was a message from Lost and Found in Mexico.

Does anyone have the Large Everywhere bag? I would love to see more pics of the inside before I purchase but I could not find any pics or video reviews online.

Attachments

• BF32C815-F733-4DA0-A427-23CF86D2C3CC.png
    BF32C815-F733-4DA0-A427-23CF86D2C3CC.png
    330.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 237EC73C-C223-45F1-848A-BE10384B8BE8.png
    237EC73C-C223-45F1-848A-BE10384B8BE8.png
    436.5 KB · Views: 11
  • 1861DE52-96FF-4029-AD4B-EC7549991D41.png
    1861DE52-96FF-4029-AD4B-EC7549991D41.png
    363.4 KB · Views: 11
interesting to hear that others have had great experiences with Away. I bought one when they first came out (4 years ago? 5?) and it really hasn’t held up well. I got the dark blue larger carryon and it looks BEAT UP. I do (or at least used to) travel a lot fwiw. Mine doesn’t roll reliably on all 4 wheels- I have to pull it behind me most of the time. I’ve only recently started traveling again and using it is making me want to get a different carryon. I use an Arlo Skye check in bag and it’s great. Rolls super smoothly and has held up well. I’ll probably get the carryon version as well

interesting to hear that others have had great experiences with Away. I bought one when they first came out (4 years ago? 5?) and it really hasn’t held up well. I got the dark blue larger carryon and it looks BEAT UP. I do (or at least used to) travel a lot fwiw. Mine doesn’t roll reliably on all 4 wheels- I have to pull it behind me most of the time. I’ve only recently started traveling again and using it is making me want to get a different carryon. I use an Arlo Skye check in bag and it’s great. Rolls super smoothly and has held up well. I’ll probably get the carryon version as well

Take it to them. They claim to have a solid repair program and warranty. I was in store at one point and they were replacing a suitcase so you might even get a new one out of it. But frequent travel and five years seems pretty decent to me.

Reactions: esdderxD
I’m thinking of the bigger carry on. Have any of you had issues with the peskier airlines with the bigger one such as Spirit, Frontier etc.?

Also, are they lightweight? I returned a gorgeous aluminum Tumi bc it was heavy when empty.

I debated getting Away. But I decided to get Monos instead. Picked up a Hybrid aluminum suitcase. I have used it for a few small trips and it is great. Also sleek. No battery which I didn’t want. Similar minimal vibe but I much preferred the wheels and handle.
Is it lightweight? I have a shoulder injury from years ago and wonder how easily I can lift it myself in the overhead when I’m flying solo or with my dtr.