Do you ever get any flack for your purchases?

Everytime my mom sees my new purses she always complains that the purses I buy are too tiny and unpractical. She always tells me to spend the money on bigger bags but I think she says that because she wants to borrow them!

I've got to say, I really don't get any flack from anybody about my bags. If anything, my mom is worse than I am! Most of my friends aren't into designer bags. Of course, I've only told one of them how much my bags really cost and she seemed okay with it. Actually, I've told her she should really invest in a nice, classic bag because it would last her forever. But, she hasn't done it yet, although I've noticed she's spending more on her bags.

As far as coworkers, I work at night, so I rarely see them for the most part. The other lady I work with likes designer bags too, so that's not a problem! LOL I actually just recently helped a coworker out. She loved my Coach ergo I carried in one day and I told her they don't make the ergos anymore, check ebay. Well, she's not much of an ebay person, so I offered to check for her. Her price point was $100, which nearly killed me. It was hard enough finding the right bag, let alone at that price. Well, just when I was about to give up, I finally found it for under $100. I couldn't believe it. Needless to say, she's was very, very happy and it makes me happy that I could find it for her. And it was in unbelieveable condition.

**Okay, that was a little OT, but I just had to share. I think it's my best ebay find to date.:yes:

maxie said:
I've got to say, I really don't get any flack from anybody about my bags. If anything, my mom is worse than I am! Most of my friends aren't into designer bags. Of course, I've only told one of them how much my bags really cost and she seemed okay with it. Actually, I've told her she should really invest in a nice, classic bag because it would last her forever. But, she hasn't done it yet, although I've noticed she's spending more on her bags.

My situation is similar. My mom also loves bags, she sometimes takes the ones I buy for myself :roflmfao: My friends all know that I have a lot of bags and have an idea of how much they cost. As to work... I do a lot of contract work so I don't have permanent co-workers.

LVgirly said:
Everytime my mom sees my new purses she always complains that the purses I buy are too tiny and unpractical. She always tells me to spend the money on bigger bags but I think she says that because she wants to borrow them!

Haha - my mom always says the same things ! But I think she's really rubbed off on me, I rarely buy small purses anymore.

my mum will just shakes her head when she sees a new bag, that's it. nobody says anything about my bags, i don't think that anyone cares!:P my husband will just ask me when am i getting rid of my old bags whenever i get new ones! :smile:

This is so funny-I just had to share. First, let me start by saying I carry a Coach sig hobo from about 1.5 year ago. I call it old faithful b/c everything fits in it just right. Anyway, about 2 weeks ago I found a pair of slightly used sig sneaks on eBay for only $40! I was a happy camper! I love them!! Anyway, my husband zeroed in on them immediately, but didn't really say much. Last week, we had people over and I had my camera out (it resides in a sig makeup bag). My husband saw on top of the fridge and wanted to know who left their purse. I told him it was my camera and he asked why I keep in a Coach case. I'm thinking, 'duh!'. He then turns to my mother and says I'm nuts. Well, she pulls out her purse to show him and low and behold, its a Coach! :smile: Well, he turns to my dad then and says something about how nuts we BOTH are. My dad then pulls out his Coach wallet and shows him his Coach watch. I'm openly laughing at this point, b/c I had forgotten about my dad's wallet and he doesn't wear the watch much! At that point I think my husband realized that if my PARENTS agree with me, he might as well give it up! They never told him I was the one who bought all the Coach stuff for them! He thinks they bought it for themselves!!:yahoo:

Sorry for being so long, but I just thought it was really funny that all that happened just last week!