Do you consider socks to be accessories or underwear?

Jadex-37

Dec 6, 2019
I notice some people and designers put them under the underwear category, but some think of them as accessories.

I am just curious what the majority thinks. For me, they are accessories.

Interesting question... I think to me they are more underwear...
You wear them under clothes and inside shoes, even if they are visible. You have to wash them after each use. Hosiery is usually together with lingerie in stores. Then there is the garter association...
Accessories I see them more as something that is literally accessory, separate, unnecessary, an add on... like a pair of gloves or a brooch. Of course you can choose not to wear socks, but if you wear dress shoes or trainers, they are a given, part of the outfit, not accessory to it...

I notice some people and designers put them under the underwear category, but some think of them as accessories.

I am just curious what the majority thinks. For me, they are accessories.
I consider MY socks as luxury accessories... especially my Gucci Socks and my Thom Browne Socks... I hand wash after each use, hang them to air dry, iron or steam press them, and place them back in their original boxes and tissue paper, tie the ribbon back on the box and stack said boxes on top of each other on the top shelf of my closet. I wish my socks came with dust bags for what each pair costs. Don't get me started on my luxury underwear. lol
"J!m"

Last edited:
I consider MY socks as luxury accessories... especially my Gucci Socks and my Thom Browne Socks... I hand wash after each use, hang them to air dry, iron or steam press them, and place them back in their original boxes and tissue paper, tie the ribbon back on the box and stack said boxes on top of each other on the top shelf of my closet. I wish my socks came with dust bags for what each pair costs. Don't get me started on my luxury underwear. lol
"J!m"

Same with my Missoni socks. It really depends on the designer. With some, like Gucci or Missoni, socks are luxury accessories as you said, their cost, materials and care are high. And these designers usually categorize socks under accessories.

Reactions: jimmie staton