Do all Macys sell Coach??

i think the farther you get away from bigger cities, the less coach/designer bags.
i'm about an hour from atlanta, and the only place that sells is dillards (and they're jerks and don't even let you try the bags on because they think you'll run off with it. *sigh*)

Hm. I was at the macys in my mall today (Hudson Valley Mall if anyone knows it.) It useto be a Filines and recently switched over. I know for awhile the Filines had been selling Dooney & Bourke but they were retuned Dooney's from other stores. So now im wondering if their going to be getting Coach in. The purse section of the store is pretty big and right now they have Fossil and Liz Claborne bags (which i never liked for some reason) But Now im curious as to if they will be getting Coach in. I Was at another mall today too in Albany and they had a HUGE Coach selection. More choices than the Coach store in the mall. They had the majority of Shoes and Bags that are pretty new PLUS all the Dooney & Bourke items that weren't returns.But then again that store was 2 floors and an origanal Macy's. So the question is "Is my macys going to get REAL designer brands or am I stuck with sucky brands that I don't like?"

:heart: Jenn :heart:

hey i live in poughkeepsie! our filenes was switched over as well but it has always sold coach so idk hopefully they will begin to sell it!! i would complain but you should go to woodbury to the coach outlet i love it!!

i think the farther you get away from bigger cities, the less coach/designer bags.
i'm about an hour from atlanta, and the only place that sells is dillards (and they're jerks and don't even let you try the bags on because they think you'll run off with it. *sigh*)

Not sure about that one. The Macy's near my work that only has D&B is in a medium-sized city, and it also neighbors (really close) other cities. However, there is a Coach outlet about 5 minutes away, so maybe that makes up for it.:idea:

And the other Macy's near my area that has both Coach and D&B...I think it's more in the middle of nowhere than the other one I just mentioned (I live in an area that borders 2 different counties; the county that I belong in is much more populated than the other).

Maybe I should complain? write a letter to my Macys explaing my love for Coach and D&B and demand they sell them ;]

might help! my teacher is the men's FD for macy's west.

so far from what i've heard, from him and the buyers and planners that he invites to speak in our class is that they look at numbers, and the people are around those area, to see whats selling and what isn't.

maybe they just don't think there's a big enough audience so that they'd have coach there.

i know that the macy's near stonestown mall does not have much coach, a really small selection, and only plain stuff, not like downtown's which has the carly bags as well as legacy, and the international version of 65th anni. bags for legacy.

stonestown doesn't have any tokidoki bags either, or marc by marc jacobs and downtown has them

but they're both in the same city! different customer i guess since we have international customers downtown and they, macys offers them those selection with 10-11% off! :cursing:

that's my only problem since my store is downtown as well

Not sure about that one. The Macy's near my work that only has D&B is in a medium-sized city, and it also neighbors (really close) other cities. However, there is a Coach outlet about 5 minutes away, so maybe that makes up for it.:idea:

And the other Macy's near my area that has both Coach and D&B...I think it's more in the middle of nowhere than the other one I just mentioned (I live in an area that borders 2 different counties; the county that I belong in is much more populated than the other).
i think, as a generality, what i said is true...there are always exceptions.
so, yeah.

What I've noticed is that the Macy's that are "original Macys" seem to carry them. It seems like Macys that used to be Rich's (in the South) don't always carry Coach (some do, of course) and the Macys in my city (Charlotte) all used to be Hechts and I don't believe any of them carry Coach at the moment. Hopefully once these mergers are complete, all Macys will carry all the same high-end designer stuff. I've noticed that some of our Macys-used-to-be-Hects don't even carry the INC clothing line, that is exclusive to Macys & Bloomies. They are still carrying May Company brands.

Maybe its becuase mine is so small? I hope they get them in soon. Im going insane here. Im almost considering buying a fake becuase i havent bought one in so long:crybaby:

Please don't resort to that! Can't you buy off Coach.com? Or check out the styles there and have your local Macy's order from another store for you? My Macy's used to be a Marshall Fields and we have a beautiful Coach boutique, so I am very lucky, plus it is right across from the Coach store!:heart: