Discussion: PurseBlog Article - The Incredible Variety of Hermès Wallets

OOOPS she did it again! Great article.

When reflecting on my own collection I realized that I have many wallets in wonderful, bright colors and leather fabrications. Some I have attached sentimental reasons for purchasing them-- different SAs, purposes, and stores. I have collected mostly blue and red family. My first purchases were in the blue family. The blue lagon Tadelkat small/compact bearn and a Mykonos Lizard single gusseted wallets are my most memorable. The compact/small is use the most and the Lizard is used the least.

I have purchased 4 types of Azaps. The most functional at this point in my life. I have a Rouge Vermillion and Barenia in compact sizes, a Bleu Paon epsom in small sizes, and a silkin in Bleu Sapphire epsom. While this style is the understated I find it is the most functional and used for travel and for daily use.

The turquoise Kelly long and rouge casque medium have not been used in my rotation as
much as I would like recently but still adored for it classic look. My Blue Hydro doggon duo in swift has the best saturation of color and also hasn't got as much use in my rotation recently. Your article is a great reminder for to perhaps rotate more as time permits.

I missed this great thread and so glad you posted an article- will be reading it in depth with a cup of tea this afternoon. Hermes wallets are a favourite of mine, whilst I do not take my h bag to yoga, I can always take my wallet...:smile:

Does anyone have a compact and mini bearn? Is there a place for both? Dimensions on H site don’t seem that different...

I have and use a bearn compact daily, having switched to this after using a combination of a Chanel card case and small ocase for many years. I switch bags often and within this switch between sizes with many minis and clutches so need to be small. I went for a bearn as I moved to Hong Kong and the notes are large. It was expensive, but thinking about how important a wallet is in terms of daily use I’m ok to pay as long as it lasts. Size months in it still looks like new (noir rghw). That said, the lovely Mr Claus is bringing me a bearn mini card case for Christmas as for evening/clutches I just need a few cards and cash, and I fell in love with the etain rghw combination. Funnily I only like bearn in epsom, although it’s not a leather I choose for bags. I chose the card case rather than the coin option. Go in store and try a few, you never know until you try - I was a zip-around wallet advocate before these....

Reactions: mp4