Discuss: Hermes Resale/Ebay Sellers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Japster said:
I called. I'm kind of hoping for Chevre with gold hardware and I do have an opportunity for a Rouge Grance 35cm in Chevre in the next couple months from my SA. But I do love Rouge Vif.
I agree with the colors, I love rouge vif with gold!,:P maybe it's worth the wait? the rouge grance is very nice too.:flowers:

Thanks for compiling this list Japster! It is extremely helpful. OMG, the Rouge VIF Chevre is TDF...but the price! Did they happen to mention whether or not it was new or used---for the price, it better be new! Rouge Garance is beautiful---I am still mulling whether or not to change my request from the Vermillion Chevre to the RG in VL.

Orchids, It is brand new.

Here are some of the gorgeous bags from Decades....
HERMES%2028%20CM%20BONE%20OSTRICH%20KELLY%20%2080S.JPG.jpg

Hermes Bone Ostrich 28cm 'Kelly' with gold hardware. This bag is dated in the 80s and is great condition. An unusual color that has been discontinued, the skin is worth the wait alone.
HERMES%20POCHETTE%20JIGE%20IN%20ELECTRIC%20BLUE%20LEATHER%2090S%5B1%5D.JPG.0.jpg

This Pochette Jige is electric blue and one of my personal favorites from the Hermes bag collections. It’s simple and understated, even with the large H, somehow being Hermes it works.
HERMES%2050S%20HAVANA%20COLORED%20CROCODILE%20PURSE.jpg

This 1950s Hermes Havana colored luncheon purse is quite stunning. The crocodile skin is in extremely good condition
HERMES%20ELECTRIC%20BLUE%2035CM%20BIRKIN%201996.JPG.jpg

Electric Blue, 1996, 35cm Birkin http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/5288/3468/320/HERMES ELECTRIC BLUE 35CM BIRKIN 1996.JPG.jpg

Grands Fonds said:
Paris: Didier Ludot - (33 1 42 96 06 56)
Someone that I know from another board told me about Didier Ludot as well. Apparently HK celebrity Maggie Cheung has bought quite a few pre-owned Birkins from them! :flowers:

2 other shops in Paris to try...

Anouschka
6 avenue du Coq 75006
Tel: 01 48 74 37 00
(by appointment only. Sells vintage Hermes )

Catherine-B
Rue Guisarde 75006 Paris
(Metro: Mabillon Station)
Tel: 33(0)1 43 54 74 18

^^I don't question the authenticity of the goods that are sold, especially since I have not purchased from them. But I've read and heard a number of negative reviews on the representations concerning the bags' conditions...

avandome said:
...I guess just because something is authentic... does not automatically mean it's in good condition!:sad:
I totally second Avandome.

Recently, a member PMed me to share her experience - She bought a pre-owned Birkin a few years ago from a eBay Powerseller with 100% feedback. Although the bag was authentic, it was in very poor condition! Totally not as described in the listing! :wtf: :sad: :crybaby:

IMO, when buying Birkins from resellers, it's important to buy from someone who's reputable, honest & trustworthy. Need to do a lot of homework & research before taking the plunge..Need to come to this Forum..:yes:

gigi leung said:
I totally second Avandome.

Recently, a member PMed me to share her experience - She bought a pre-owned Birkin a few years ago from a eBay Powerseller with 100% feedback. Although the bag was authentic, it was in very poor condition! Totally not as described in the listing! :wtf: :sad: :crybaby:

IMO, when buying Birkins from resellers, it's important to buy from someone who's reputable, honest & trustworthy. Need to do a lot of homework & research before taking the plunge..Need to come to this Forum..:yes:
I agree, esp. with the "HONEST AND TRUSTWORTHY" part...
it seems that condition of the bag is in the "eye of the beholder"!
what we may think is pristine may not be so with someone else!:sad:

gigi leung said:
Wickedassin, thanks very much for the alert! :flowers:

I have to say, I've purched twice from her, prada and hermes, and both were perfect experiences and 100% accurate description--I think it's a good idea to mention any problems with resellers in our new thread but I'd hate to throw the baby away with the bathwater, as they say, by giving someone a negative review when there have also been positive transactions

That is a good point lulu! I guess taht is why threads like this are so helpful- we get to hear the good with the bad, and then make an informed decision based upon what we have read.

Status
Not open for further replies.