Dior Tribal stud earrings

Dear fellow TPFers,

Love the Tribale earrings and have been contemplating getting a pair but there is one issue that is stopping me. My ears have been pierced for many, many years, as a result when I wear heavy earrings the front tends to droop down pointing towards the ground. I have read that the classic styles (pearl or colored) are heavy.

Does anyone know if the open basket cannage pattern is also heavy? Am attaching a picture of the style am referring to.

Thanks as always for your help!

Attachments

• E0243TRIMT_D300_C0.jpg
    E0243TRIMT_D300_C0.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 1,188
Dear fellow TPFers,

Love the Tribale earrings and have been contemplating getting a pair but there is one issue that is stopping me. My ears have been pierced for many, many years, as a result when I wear heavy earrings the front tends to droop down pointing towards the ground. I have read that the classic styles (pearl or colored) are heavy.

Does anyone know if the open basket cannage pattern is also heavy? Am attaching a picture of the style am referring to.

Thanks as always for your help!

Hello darling. I own these. I also don't like heavy earrings.

These are fabulously lightweight. You can wear them all day. Much of the time I find myself touching them to make sure they're still there, that's how lightweight they are.

Would you be able to try them on before buying? I know in the U.S the stores usually let you try them on but here in Japan they don't. Either way, I don't think you can go wrong with them!

I don't really think they will droop because the moment you insert the studs they close quite tightly around your ear lobes and it's a very snug fit. I own these ones you're talking about and also the solid ones and I think if anything, they squeeze my ear lobes more than they pull them down.

Reactions: HeartHermes
@Hanakimi & @clyclops68 Thank you so much for your prompt feedback! Really appreciate it.

I ran to the store today and tried on both the palladium and gold versions of the open basket/cannage earrings. They were both stunning in person and not as heavy as I thought.

I would love to get everyones thoughts on which one they like better because I for one am confused as to whether to get the gold or the palladium. Am attaching pics for reference (gold in top 2 photos, palladium in bottom 2).

For those who own this specific style, which color did you get? Would love to see modelling pics.

And if its not too much to ask, how much did you pay for yours? I live overseas and with the conversion it comes to US $437... is that within the average? Wondering if I should wait till a visit to the US or Europe to buy it or if this price sounds reasonable.

Thank you as always!

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,143
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    17.8 KB · Views: 1,136
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 1,155
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 1,169
I have the gold and like it better. The price in Europe is 390 euros, US is much higher. Your price is pretty good, you should get it
Thanks for sharing! I just called a Dior boutique in the east coast and I was given a price of $610 + tax for the same pair. Guess my price is a bargain.

Tried on the palladium - SA said he liked the silver better because it popped out more with my skin tone. Most of my bags have silver hardware in case I want to be matchy matchy. I also like the gold because it is more subtle and blends better with my skin tone. Question is do I want earrings to pop out or blend in... decisions decisions.

I have the gold pair and I normally look better in silver jewellery in spite of the golden undertones in my skin. Judging by the photos you posted I would recommend the golden pair because they look more elegant and less stark.

I bought them in the states and they were much more expensive than elsewhere.

I normally wear more silver but when I purchased them last year, they were only available in gold. But something about the gold feels more special. I agree with the other poster who said the gold is more elegant.