Did you try to resale your bag?

I think that an individual, who is not a professional reseller, is dreaming about making huge profits selling a new bag. In fact, most resellers do not ask for or actually get "at least twice" the price of a bag IMHO. Ans asking price is one thing, selling price is another. And with those resellers who list at high prices, they have costs associated with selling (assuming they actually sell at that price). There may be those who make a large profit, but I bet they are not the norm. And I certainly cannot imagine a normal person making these huge profits they dream about. I certainly would not pay some inexperienced seller "at least twice" more than the purchase price.
Totally agree...I think it is absolutely unreasonable to think that you'll make money on selling a bag as an idividual seller. I also see lots of bags over retail that sit forever on resale sites. I'm interested in a mini lindy but I will wait...I am not going to pay over retail for one. It makes me sad to see so many sitting on Fashionphile.

Personally it makes me sad that people buy bags they dont love just because they are lucky enough to be offered them.
There may be someone else who has that exact spec on their wishlist and misses out.
i see so many unused bags on resale sites, non quota bags because people want to up their spend profile and Quota bags because someone wants a B/K or C and doesn't want to turn down the offer then realises they dont like the leather, colour or hardware.
For instance if I was lucky enough to be offered a B25 in Etoupe Epsom with RGHW it was be my least favourite choice on earth yet it for many it is would be their Holy grail.
If I were to accept the offer it would be just wrong

Personally it makes me sad that people buy bags they dont love just because they are lucky enough to be offered them.
There may be someone else who has that exact spec on their wishlist and misses out.
i see so many unused bags on resale sites, non quota bags because people want to up their spend profile and Quota bags because someone wants a B/K or C and doesn't want to turn down the offer then realises they dont like the leather, colour or hardware.
For instance if I was lucky enough to be offered a B25 in Etoupe Epsom with RGHW it was be my least favourite choice on earth yet it for many it is would be their Holy grail.
If I were to accept the offer it would be just wrong
I completely agree, which is why I decline bags all the time. Leave it fit someone who would love it most. Declining doesn’t affect my relationship with the store and I want to stress that to others here. If it’s my own SO however, I have never declined any, but I also have never had a reason not to accept the bag.

Reactions: maxroxxherhandbags
I've declined many bags over the years. And the offers keep coming. It will not affect your relationship.
I have to shake my head when I read people saying they bought a bag they didn't like and now don't know what to do.

I think it is that some people are worried that it might be a long time until they get one offered again, the bag offers have become a bit of a joke between my SA and me, she keeps on sending me offers, and she knows I will decline, I am not in love enough with the bags to spend that much on them and find them quite impractical. I prefer a lot of other things from H and the last thing I need is buying a bag to sell it again, if I want to loose money, I can think of a less stressful way.