did anyone know that there is such a thing as fake tiffany jwewlry?

I am not sure since I am travelling at the moment but I think my bracelet AND necklace are oval? and I purchased them from Tiffany in beverly hills? MYSELF, so I am 100% positive it's AUTH

Some of the advice given about spotting fakes are not correct. Not all authentic pieces have completely round links, and in the case of my titanium link necklaces, the links are clearly "pinched" together and not soldered solid. I bought them from the store on Fifth Avenue and I'm 100% sure they are authentic.

Also, I have authentic pieces with unstamped lobster claw clasps and without the small stamped circles. For instance, a plain round link chain I own has Tiffany stamped with the center circle clasp. Sometimes the hand engraving is not completely "clean" either, although machine engraving always should be.

Who wrote these anyway?

since tiffany has an official website which you can purchase their goods, then to insure that something is not a fake tiffany, i suggest just paying the premium to get the product you pay for and a peace of mind. now that, is priceless.

sorry to hear that you got a fake tiffany for your bday :sad: are you going to pretend that you don't know that it is or tell the gifter what you found out? interesting.

During the summer, Tiffany's had this event where you could bring in your silver jewelry and they would clean it for free.

Would you believe that one of my silver necklaces that was returned to me was a fake?

I was studying for the bar at the time, so my sister was nice enough to take my jewelry to Tiffany's for cleaning and to pick it up again. When she got home and I took out my jewelry to admire the good job that I thought they would do on the cleaning, and I immediately noticed that one of my necklaces looked absolutely horrendous and not at all like my necklace. The chain was completely different, the shape of the pendant was not like mine, and the necklace was in really bad condition (mine was pretty much brand new, and it was special to me since it was a gift from my aunt).

Needless to say, my sister immediately went back and told them they gave me someone else's necklace.

I was so horrified that they would not only accept a necklace that was blatantly fake, clean it, (accidentally?) switch it with my real version of the necklace, and then give it to me :nono:.

There are LOTS of fake Tiffany silver jewelry items. Especially newer (1837, Peretti, etc.) lines. It is scary and crazy! You really need to know what the particular item is supposed to look (and feel, if you've had enough Tiffany) like. Thankfully, no matter how the fakes try, they never get it 100% right. It's just too much trouble and money!