Designer T-shirts!! Would you buy them?

ManilaMama

Mar 5, 2016
I’ve been seeing a ton of designer logo shirts on my IG feed as of late. I see them on streetstyle accounts, fashion influencers etc. I also see them worn a lot by fashion vloggers and reviewers on YouTube.

Worn with cool pants and accessories, these are so tempting! I was eyeing a black shirt with a gold Balmain logo and envisioning wearing it under a casual blazer..

Until I checked the price. Omg. These cotton shirts are in the ballpark that starts at $200. Some go to many many times more. I have never ever checked the prices of designer shirts before so I’m kinda shocked. Isn’t $200 a bit much for a cotton tee? Or has it always been like that?

IMG_1832.jpg

Have any of you bought designer shirts? Would you? Why or why not?

If you have some, kindly share mod shots! I don’t think I’ll be pulling the trigger soon, so would just love to enjoy seeing how many folks style these shirts.

(PHOTOS are collated from several IG sellers and also from Google).

Reactions: Bagatha Christie
I bought a Kenzo sweater and tshirt back when they were popular a few years ago. I wore them a lot then but I don’t anymore because it’s not in style. That was one of the only times I bought something trendy and I wouldn’t do it again; usually I just buy classic styles of clothes.

Logo tees are ‘in’ now, especially the Gucci one in the top right corner, but they’ll be out in a few seasons (or sooner). If you do want to get one I’d recommend getting a shirt with only the brand’s regular logo, like the Balmain one. As long as they don’t change their logo it shouldn’t look too dated.

Reactions: papertiger
I’ve been known to pay a hefty price on a t-shirt, but I would not pay for being and advertising banner. The prices of these are ridiculous. Plus it is all very well for Instagram influencers but on the street, 9 times out of 10 you see that Gucci tee it is going to be a fake.

That said, I still have (and sometimes wear) one of my Moschino t-shirts from the 80s, with the golden logo quite prominent (it was the 80s and I was young). I wore it to death, non stop for years. It has been washed hundreds of times, The print (a kitch Saint Anthony with child), has cracked a bit, but the tee is PERFECT, the thick smooth cotton showing no signs of wear, no decoloración at all and the seams are exactly in place and as new. It is incredible to me how drastically quality has gone down in fashion and how happily we accept that.

I have a problem with the Guccis. It's supposed to be an in-joke that the real Gucci is copying the old fakes. I

Anyway, I'm not seeing $200

Gucci sweatshirts are around $1.5K and tees $550-990

I don't see why you couldn't rock it though, it's as valid as any other fashion.

I'd buy a plain tee and scrawl a logo on myself that way it's not fake and it's not playing their game. I may do that actually.

I have Gucci t-shirts but one is pure silk on the front and has a heart-print (the heart is a Gucci icon) and another in black leather with the tiniest GG logo at the bottom, what say Gucci better than beautiful black leather?

I quite like the Fendi, but it I'd like it better without the writing/logo, we all know what the F-monster, icons are so much cooler.

There's an Hermes sweatshirt I'd buy from the men's dept, it has a leather Chaine d'Ancre or this season's spider-robots, I could see me wearing that for many years. Certainly better value than the printed Guccis

Last edited:
I have a problem with the Guccis. It's supposed to be an in-joke that the real Gucci is copying the old fakes. I

Anyway, I'm not seeing $200

Gucci sweatshirts are around $1.5K and tees $550-990

I don't see why you couldn't rock it though, it's as valid as any other fashion.

I'd buy a plain tee and scrawl a logo on myself that way it's not fake and it's not playing their game. I may do that actually.

I have Gucci t-shirts but one is pure silk on the front and has a heart-print (the heart is a Gucci icon) and another in black leather with the tiniest GG logo at the bottom, what say Gucci better than beautiful black leather?

I quite like the Fendi, but it I'd like it better without the writing/logo, we all know what the F-monster, icons are so much cooler.

There's an Hermes sweatshirt I'd buy from the men's dept, it has a leather Chaine d'Ancre or this season's spider-robots, I could see me wearing that for many years. Certainly better value than the printed Guccis

I love the idea of scrawling your own logo on a plain tee. I thought of that when I saw the Saint Laurent sneakers the other day. I can totally write that myself on K-Mart shoes, ha!

I saw a couple of $200 tees offered by IG shoppers who were at the Milan outlets... so yeah... $200 logo tees exists on sale somewhere. If $500 is going rate then forget it. I’d rather get shoes and stick to my basic Cotton On T-shirts.

I’m sure I totally can make these shirts work, fashion-wise. I just don’t want to fork out all that dough.

And I never thought of it the way some posters said — walking billboards. Gosh that’s so right though. They should be paying us to advertise their stuff! Haha.

And yes I can’t stand the “Guccy” stuff too.

Reactions: papertiger
Designer T-SHIRTS are really amazing I have not used one because I like the basic plains as whenever I went for shopping t shirts for men I used to buy the basics or you can say plain ones, but nowadays the trend is for designer Tees which is cool on weekends, so I think I will buy one soon for making my weekends more exciting.