Scarves De-wrinkling Twillies?

Oh gosh coffee/lipstick? Yikes. Do those come out?
Thanks for the washing / drying / iron tips - will give this a try when I need to actually wash :smile:

I don’t obsess over my scarves. Life is too short. I will take my scarf off if am eating something with a particularly high stain potential, but otherwise, it’s fair game. I am always traveling / in the car / running around, so lots of stain exposure :smile:

Having said that, I have never had any issues with stains not coming out.

Reactions: risaxu
I don’t obsess over my scarves. Life is too short. I will take my scarf off if am eating something with a particularly high stain potential, but otherwise, it’s fair game. I am always traveling / in the car / running around, so lots of stain exposure :smile:

Having said that, I have never had any issues with stains not coming out.
I love this attitude - I must adopt a less precise outlook :smile:

I recently bought a steamer. Want to try it on my Twillies and if brave one of my scarves. Do you actually touch the twilly directly with the steamer head? Move swiftly down one side and the other? Sorry for silly questions but I don't want to mess up. Thank you in advance for any guidance!

I recently bought a steamer. Want to try it on my Twillies and if brave one of my scarves. Do you actually touch the twilly directly with the steamer head? Move swiftly down one side and the other? Sorry for silly questions but I don't want to mess up. Thank you in advance for any guidance!
You’ll love your steamer when you get the hang of it. NEVER touch any fabric with the steamer head - just keep it moving up & down or back & forth a few millimetres away from the fabric. It is important not to get steam droplets on silk, as you might get water stains. If the twilly is very wrinkled you might have to keep the fabric taut by pulling down on the scarf.
Good luck!

You’ll love your steamer when you get the hang of it. NEVER touch any fabric with the steamer head - just keep it moving up & down or back & forth a few millimetres away from the fabric. It is important not to get steam droplets on silk, as you might get water stains. If the twilly is very wrinkled you might have to keep the fabric taut by pulling down on the scarf.
Good luck!
Thank you so much @JolieS!! I will give it a try on a Twilly soon. Hugs!

Reactions: JolieS
honestly, its faster and better with a good iron that has a silk setting....the steamer takes me forever....just my opinion