Date Code & "Made In" Questions

SnoggyTheBear

May 12, 2020
Hi everyone, I recently received a Louis Vuitton Victorine Wallet with the date code YX108, I'm 100% this is fake but anyone want to give their insight?

BULL

Apr 19, 2015
I am sure they are. This one could be the 64th Trunk made in 1950, but I can imagine it as a serial number kinda thing. I hope there is a forum member who knows how they work. Very curious.

Annako

Apr 19, 2020
I have a question for you .... I also have a Siena PM with date code location RI. My “Louis Vuitton Paris made in France” tag has red lettering. Does yours? Would you mind sharing a picture? I did buy my bag pre loved but from a very reputable place....getting a little paranoid though as almost every other bag I have seen does not have the red lettering however was not produced in RI location. Any help would be appreciated!!
Hi,
Mine is also RI and with red lettering as per enclosed.. It was also a preloved. Have you found out the authenticity? I'm wondering too..

Attachments

lvcc2006

Jun 4, 2020
I just purchased from the LV site and on the go and the date code is FP 0220. I would like to know where that was made maybe it seems like it's not important but I'd like to know what country my bag that cost me $2,800 was made in does anyone know where FP would be located[/
I just purchased from the LV site and on the go and the date code is FP 0220. I would like to know where that was made maybe it seems like it's not important but I'd like to know what country my bag that cost me $2,800 was made in does anyone know where FP would be located
Mine shows it’s made in Italy. I am guessing FP is the new letter series for Italy.

Mar 29, 2019
Hello Ladies! I’m in this kind of situation right now. I bought a neverfull mm the other day which is made in France and the bag has a date code that starts with AR, while the pouch has a date code that reads MM0270. I have never heard or seen anything before with a date code that starts with MM. I am sure that it is authentic because I got it from the boutique. But I was just wondering if anyone else seen this date code before?

AKimSunny

Nov 16, 2019
Sweden
Hello Ladies! I’m in this kind of situation right now. I bought a neverfull mm the other day which is made in France and the bag has a date code that starts with AR, while the pouch has a date code that reads MM0270. I have never heard or seen anything before with a date code that starts with MM. I am sure that it is authentic because I got it from the boutique. But I was just wondering if anyone else seen this date code before?
The code MM is from a new workshop in France. It's gonna be more common as time goes, but so far I've mostly heard of people having Neverfulls and Pochette Métis with the code.

jlinnn

Dec 5, 2018
I just received my online purchase of a Palm Springs mini made in France but with the code ML 2230 (meaning it was probably only made 2 weeks ago!). My research into the many sites with exhaustive lists of existing country codes do not list this code as a French workshop. It looks very authentic and my instincts are that it probably is a new workshop code but because it is an online purchase I am just afraid it might be a counterfeit return :sad: any ideas?

Reactions: salamb

AAA2020

Jun 17, 2020
Hi, I've seen a LV wallet with country code FY - has anyone got this code too?
It's not on any of the websites and am worried it's fake. The wallet says made in Italy though

Reactions: AmyNYC

Onesy

Jul 5, 2020
I have a speedy 30 in lin, there is no date code or label anywhere, it says Louis Vuitton on the screws attached to the zipper and the handles tho, any thoughts?

travelbliss

~O.G. LV enthusiast depuis 1987~
O.G.
Sep 25, 2006
VuittonVille
I have a speedy 30 in lin, there is no date code or label anywhere, it says Louis Vuitton on the screws attached to the zipper and the handles tho, any thoughts?
Your Q seems more fitted to be in the authentication thread, perhaps some pics could help you answer...