Damier Speedy

pseub said:
I'd actually heard that the Speedy was modeled on the Keepall, which was first made back in the 1930's. But if it was indeed designed for Audrey Hepburn, that's way cool too. :cool:

I thought that was what the SA told me, but I guess I was so blinded by the beautiful LV bags, that I stopped listening to him!:embarasse :weird: :love:

I asked the sales lady at Neiman Marcus -Louis Vuitton in Houston about the speedy in the Damier pattern and she looked at me like I was crazy....I just left.
Too much trouble to explain to het that i heard it from the "purse blog" :wacko:

Iluvbags said:
I asked the sales lady at Neiman Marcus -Louis Vuitton in Houston about the speedy in the Damier pattern and she looked at me like I was crazy....I just left.
Too much trouble to explain to het that i heard it from the "purse blog" :wacko:

Haha.. ouch for you ! :sad:

That's a bummer, the Damier Speedy really should be made a permanent part of the Damier line, it's such a classic shape. But maybe the whole point of the Damier line is to kind of offer a different print AND shape (but that doesn't do a lot to explain the Damier Alma, Sac Plat or Papillon). :weird:

I was in Vegas this week so I dropped by their LV store and asked about the Damier Speedy. They said it is true that LV is considering making the Damier Speedy one of their permanent collections and it looks like it's coming out next Summer 2006. As for the price... I asked them if it'll cost the same as their special order (approx. $680) but they said as of now, they don't have any info regarding the price of that Speedy yet.

So if you decide to special order the speedy, it'll take 4 to 6 months. You might as well wait until it comes out next Summer then. It'll be around the same time and maybe with our luck, it might be cheaper than the special order price? ::crossing my fingers::

^^Please do Vlad!! I've called my SA at the King of Prussia store, and I guess the Christmas shopping has taken over because I can't seem to get a response! I'd love to know if it will be in stores b/c that is certainly one of my most favorite bags :love: :nuts: :love:

i don't like the brown monogram canvas, but the denim blue monogram looks so much better. personally i think the damier canvas is too old lady, the epi leather i like much better. very classic.