D Bag Bauletto ..How does it hold up?

Hi Kyung Hwa,
I know you posted this quite a while ago, but I am thinking of getting the Tods D-styling bauletto and was wondering if you're still using yours. Do you still love it? How is it holding up? I want a bag that is casual but elegant and can stand up to really being used on a daily basis. I'd love to get your thoughts. Thanks!

Hello! I haven't been here in a while but hope I can help. I do still use mine a lot. It's a great bag. Tod's leather is amazing. It's holding up extremely well and the leather just gets better the more I use it. It's softened up quite a bit but still holds it's shape great. It's got a nice little slouch to it but is definitely not a puddle. I really use the heck out of it. It gets stuffed full of my 4 year olds toys, snacks, etc plus my own. I haven't hesitated to take it everywhere and anywhere. It's been on numerous plane rides and stuffed under the seat, the swim lessons for my kid filled with his towel and other swim gear, to the park, an where ever else life of a 4 year old boy take me. When I first started using it I was a little concerned about the color (i haven't had many bags that weren't black) so I babied it a bit but after a week or so of daily used I realized I didn't need to worry about it. It can take pretty much anything I can dish out. And to the horror of some tpf'ers.... I even set it on the ground if need be (not in the public bathrooms of course, yuck). I'm not sure what color you are thinking about but the lavender has held up great. No issues with color transfer or marks. There is a slight bit of fading on the corners but it's not noticeable unless you really look for it and that's with almost a years worth of serious use. When I first got it I think I must have used it for almost the first 6 months straight. The only thing that got me away from it was another Tod's bag!

Hopefully that helps! I would definitely recommend this bag. It will last you a life time and will never let you down.

Hello! I haven't been here in a while but hope I can help. I do still use mine a lot. It's a great bag. Tod's leather is amazing. It's holding up extremely well and the leather just gets better the more I use it. It's softened up quite a bit but still holds it's shape great. It's got a nice little slouch to it but is definitely not a puddle. I really use the heck out of it. It gets stuffed full of my 4 year olds toys, snacks, etc plus my own. I haven't hesitated to take it everywhere and anywhere. It's been on numerous plane rides and stuffed under the seat, the swim lessons for my kid filled with his towel and other swim gear, to the park, an where ever else life of a 4 year old boy take me. When I first started using it I was a little concerned about the color (i haven't had many bags that weren't black) so I babied it a bit but after a week or so of daily used I realized I didn't need to worry about it. It can take pretty much anything I can dish out. And to the horror of some tpf'ers.... I even set it on the ground if need be (not in the public bathrooms of course, yuck). I'm not sure what color you are thinking about but the lavender has held up great. No issues with color transfer or marks. There is a slight bit of fading on the corners but it's not noticeable unless you really look for it and that's with almost a years worth of serious use. When I first got it I think I must have used it for almost the first 6 months straight. The only thing that got me away from it was another Tod's bag!

Hopefully that helps! I would definitely recommend this bag. It will last you a life time and will never let you down.

That is so cool. What a great review.

I feel the same about mine....the only reason I haven't used more is because of rotation. Such a great bag. Got lots of compliments on it too.

Wow! That is quite an endorsement! I'm always curious about the bags that are loved, not just at the beginning when they are new, but after months of serious use. I'm seriously considering getting one of these bags, just have to decide on color. I'm drawn to the pale grey, but wondered about color transfer issues, so it's good to know you haven't had any problem with your lavender one. Thanks so much for getting back to me!

Hi Kyung Hwa,

Great endorsements on the D-bag bauletto!...I just got myself the orange color 2 days ago, and so far Im happy with the leather and color. I just hope this beauty will last a very long time. I just got a bit alarmed when I saw the tag inside my new bauletto that says " easily gets scratch...this is a delicate leather." I hope this color wont easily show some scratches. I have a maulberry bayswater in beige for about 9 months now and using it almost everyday, so far no scratches at all. I just clean it with a leather eraser everytime I see even minor stains to prevent it from darkening....I hope this Tod's bauletto will be as good as mulberry......:smile:

I have the large one (am 5'10") and LOVE it. I have had it since last year, it has held up very well. I used the leather lotion once on it and it made it shiny and gorgeous. You can see some scratches but they are not really obvious. I thought the leather would be more prone to scratching but it is holding up really well. Some slouching but nothing major. A great, practical, light and beautiful bag.

Hi Maedi,

May I know what's the color of your bauletto? And what is the brand of the leather lotion you're using for it? Just got myself my very first Tod's bauletto- picollo(as im much shorter than you are-only 5'4")... in orange color- one of their classics accdg to my SA.

Thanks.
Gem

what a great review, I just bought a d bag and your review was such a help as I too don't baby my bags.

Am really interested in getting a piccolo but considering the colour now. Love the purple, caramel and taupe. Anyone knows if a Macbook Air 13" fits inside a piccolo?

Hi,

I have a bauletto in piccolo size, and just now after reading your concern, I tried to fit in my 13" laptop (not macbook air though), it can fit in only when you open both of the side logo locks....and I find it would be abusive to my bag.....I think if you're planning to use the bag for your macbook air, you should opt for the medio size....better size for your need....:smile:

Ladies,

I just received the small size ofnthis bag I ordered from Nordstrom and on both sides if the top where it is curved it appears that the leather may be scratched and beginning to crack. Has anyone had this issue with this bag?

It's a really lovely dark red and I'd like to keep it, but I'm not sure I want to purchase this bag if there are quality issues. It may be that someone returned the bag to Nordstrom after damaging it. Any help would be very much appreciated.

Ladies,

I just received the small size ofnthis bag I ordered from Nordstrom and on both sides if the top where it is curved it appears that the leather may be scratched and beginning to crack. Has anyone had this issue with this bag?

It's a really lovely dark red and I'd like to keep it, but I'm not sure I want to purchase this bag if there are quality issues. It may be that someone returned the bag to Nordstrom after damaging it. Any help would be very much appreciated.
Hi! I've had mine for almost 3 years and I don't have this type of issue with the bag. Mine is in a light color so any scratching would definitely show but there's none. The quality is really good and the leather ages well. :smile:

I just got mine yesterday. It is very beautiful. Mine is like light grey. Do you know how many shades of grey color they produce? Also does this bag age beautifully?
I just ordered last fall's charcoal grey through a friend in Italy. She found it in a boutique there because I couldn't get it here. Apparently, there are several colors of grey so I hope mine doesn't look black. Suppose I will know some time next week. However, mine is much like the Piccola bag, a tote.

I just got mine yesterday. It is very beautiful. Mine is like light grey. Do you know how many shades of grey color they produce? Also does this bag age beautifully?
I have a dark charcoal grey and it is nice. It is so dark it looks almost black unless you compare it to a black bag. In addition, I have also seen a medium grey.

I just got my new bauletto and its a wonderful shade of medium dark gray....the photo (i have the one in the back, the darker one of the two) makes it look brownish but it actually has NO brown whatsoever...if anything there's some blue in it. It is sooo soft and feels wonderful...easily my most favorite bag for its simplicity in design and absolute quiet elegance.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.4 KB · Views: 949
Reactions: Spartangirl2000
Dear all, yesterday I received my bag from mytheresa.com. Your comments were very helpful in deciding whether to keep it or not! Obviously I kept it ;) Before its first outing this afternoon, I treated it with Collonil Gel and Waterstop Spray (it's a brand recommended by Mulberry). The colour didn't darken and I felt safer in face of the passing showers outside. I have a taupe colour which is slightly darker than it appears on the pic. Here it is:

picture.php

Hello all! Two and a half years later, I discovered that the gold colored zipper shows some tarnish. Did you experience that with your D Bags? I didn't use it as often as other bags so maybe it comes from non-use? The rest of the hardware is fine - as well as that of my other bags which are stored in the same way. Silver polish cloth didn't help. A friend of mine suggested just using it more often, maybe it would polish itself again. What do you think?