Croisette - a classic? Thoughts in 2020

Hi all - I’m curious what your thoughts are in 2020 about whether or not you think the croisette will become a “classic” bag, or whether you think it will look outdated in 5-10 years time. I personally love the bag & am considering investing, but nervous about whether or not it will hold its value! What do you think? :smile:
Thank you for posting this question. I am pondering the same thing! I think it is a gorgeous bag - one of the prettiest offered in DA!

i own one in DA and i love that it can be dressed up or down easily. personally not a fan of that tassel so never used it. though i would say the clasp is fussy and i haven't protected the vachetta so its now a bit spotty due to a one-time incident in a heavy downpour. still love it nonetheless so do go for it

Reactions: TheGrand17
Hi all - I’m curious what your thoughts are in 2020 about whether or not you think the croisette will become a “classic” bag, or whether you think it will look outdated in 5-10 years time. I personally love the bag & am considering investing, but nervous about whether or not it will hold its value! What do you think? :smile:
Will it be an LV classic? I don't really think so. Is it a classic style? Yes.

If you are someone who knows what you like/want, get the crosiette, or you might regret it if you decide you want it, but the price has increased, or it's been discontinued. If you are someone who is more concerned with future value/recuperation, I wouldn't get LV. Chanel and Hermes hold better value, and that's usually after a minimum of 10 years.

All things aside, I really don't like the s-lock. If you aren't familiar with the s-lock, I highly suggest trying the lock in person. I walked away from it because of the s-lock. I've seen other people walk away from it too, because of the s-lock.

Reactions: TheGrand17
Will it be an LV classic? I don't really think so. Is it a classic style? Yes.

If you are someone who knows what you like/want, get the crosiette, or you might regret it if you decide you want it, but the price has increased, or it's been discontinued. If you are someone who is more concerned with future value/recuperation, I wouldn't get LV. Chanel and Hermes hold better value, and that's usually after a minimum of 10 years.

All things aside, I really don't like the s-lock. If you aren't familiar with the s-lock, I highly suggest trying the lock in person. I walked away from it because of the s-lock. I've seen other people walk away from it too, because of the s-lock.
This is super helpful, thank you so much for your detailed response! That’s a really great point about the s-lock; I’ve definitely heard that it can be fussy & difficult to close (especially while wearing the bag).

Reactions: Ling11
This is super helpful, thank you so much for your detailed response! That’s a really great point about the s-lock; I’ve definitely heard that it can be fussy & difficult to close (especially while wearing the bag).
Before buying my Croisette, I have read and seen a lot about the closure. I was able to try it in boutique and didn’t found it difficult to use. I love this bag and use it a lot. If you can try it yourself, you will be able to know if the closure is a real problem.

I don’t find the lock fussy. At first it takes some getting used to but once you have the hang of it you just close it. Like with my Speedy b25, the opening took some adjusting too!

Personally, I got my Croisette when it was first released (Azur with rb lining) and still love it as much! Therefore I might be biased. I love the shape and would classify it as classic for the following reasons:
-top handle bag
-flap bag
-crossbody option with the strap which is fully removable
-classic pattern for LV, nothing too flashy or modern like those extra LV's on some camera bags
-all "trendy" features are removable --> tassel, I removed it almost right after I bought the bag.

It looks feminine and is well suited for day and night times.The Croisette fits a full size wallet, key cles, phone and mini pochette. Back in 2017 it was a no brainer for me as I fell for the bag and to this day I haven't regretted it. It's my perfect little summer bag.
AndI would give it one bonus point: it's spotted less often than many other bags which makes it a tiny tad more special to me (still love my Neverfull though).

Regarding the popularity: I guess LV wouldn't keep producing it if it weren't popular. They stopped so many designs after one season and the Croisette has been available for over three years now. They even just released the Croisette Chain which leads me to belief the design is popular enough.

Btw, I almost bought it in the damier ebene, too! I really really miss the bag once the temperatures get colder and would love a winter version. However, I do not buy duplicate bags, thus I am searching for an alternative and couldn't find one to match to this day :heart:

Personally, I got my Croisette when it was first released (Azur with rb lining) and still love it as much! Therefore I might be biased. I love the shape and would classify it as classic for the following reasons:
-top handle bag
-flap bag
-crossbody option with the strap which is fully removable
-classic pattern for LV, nothing too flashy or modern like those extra LV's on some camera bags
-all "trendy" features are removable --> tassel, I removed it almost right after I bought the bag.

It looks feminine and is well suited for day and night times.The Croisette fits a full size wallet, key cles, phone and mini pochette. Back in 2017 it was a no brainer for me as I fell for the bag and to this day I haven't regretted it. It's my perfect little summer bag.
AndI would give it one bonus point: it's spotted less often than many other bags which makes it a tiny tad more special to me (still love my Neverfull though).

Regarding the popularity: I guess LV wouldn't keep producing it if it weren't popular. They stopped so many designs after one season and the Croisette has been available for over three years now. They even just released the Croisette Chain which leads me to belief the design is popular enough.

Btw, I almost bought it in the damier ebene, too! I really really miss the bag once the temperatures get colder and would love a winter version. However, I do not buy duplicate bags, thus I am searching for an alternative and couldn't find one to match to this day :heart:
I don't like to duplicate either. I think for people who really like the Croisette the Bond bb is a nice second option to own.

Reactions: Alyssa86 and Quinni
I really enjoy the feminine silhouette, the space, the lightness and structure of the Croisette (DE). (Hate the tassel. Never used it. And the strap is too long for my height.)

I don't think it is a classic in the sense of an LV classic - but it has an understated elegant timeless feel about it for me. I really doubt it will hold its value but that's not an influencing factor for me personally.

The chain wallet in scarlet is awfully tempting right now...

Reactions: Quinni
I went to the LV store last year to look at the p metis. I didn't like the way it looked on me and passed. I saw the croisette and it was love at first sight. It is really cute.