COVID Vaccine Card Holder

I filed our original cards. Both DH and I have photocopies in our wallets and on our phones. If circumstances require presenting the original, I know where it is and that it's safe. Sort of why one never puts their original Social Security card in their wallets. If you lose it, you're in for a major headache. It's working for us so far.

I put mine in the front flap closure of my YSL. Fits perfectly! :tup:

View attachment 5155573View attachment 5155574

Edit: on a side note. I do think it's a very good idea to take photos or make copies. If you work in healthcare and it was administered by the workplace (So I work in a hospital and it was my hospital that administered the vaccine), they'll keep electronic record of it which can be looked up at any time.

I got a plastic case from Amazon probably the same one posted in this thread. I liked the idea of the zipper top to protect it especially for my dad‘s card. I keep mine in the interior pocket of whatever bag I am using. But other than a doctors visit I have had a need for it. Pictures are good my dad lost his first card after his first shot they gave him a new card with his second shot but it’s plain paper not the thick card stock.

Reactions: limom
Just a plastic sleeve from a past Sundance FF lanyard, but I'll also be putting mind in my well-traveled leather Lodis passport holder. I'll carry the original card with me on my next California trip.

lodis.jpeg

Reactions: limom
My "card" is a crappy copy of the card not the real card others got--apparently the drugstore (big drugstore chain in Illinois) I went to didn't get the official CDC cards, which is fine, but the first guy wrote my date and all with a SHARPIE--can't read it! Then the second guy (both pharmacists) made a mistake with the date and scribbled over it. I plan on going back and asking for a better card, they have to have my info stored in their records.

I have a photo of it on my phone, emailed myself a copy and the original is filed away at home. And I carry a copy (of the crappy copy) in my wallet. Good luck to anyone trying to read it.

I feel like I must live in a bubble? Do people have to show their vaccine card to go to everyday places? I don't really travel but have been out of state a handful of times but never the country. I have yet to visit a place that requests to see your status. Are you guys carrying them around for a just incase scenario, or do you need to show them daily?

I feel like I must live in a bubble? Do people have to show their vaccine card to go to everyday places? I don't really travel but have been out of state a handful of times but never the country. I have yet to visit a place that requests to see your status. Are you guys carrying them around for a just incase scenario, or do you need to show them daily?
When I got vaccinated in NJ I was told to make sure to take a picture of my card and put it in a safe place. I have never been asked to show it; however in NYC you will soon.

Reactions: AstridRhapsody

I carry mine just in case. My state doesn't require it and according to the governor never will. To travel out of country you can show it instead of taking a covid test for many places.

Reactions: AstridRhapsody
When I got vaccinated in NJ I was told to make sure to take a picture of my card and put it in a safe place. I have never been asked to show it; however in NYC you will soon.

A few times for medical appointments. My gaggle of physicians like to keep their patient's files updated. That's why I keep a photocopy of mine with me.

Beyond that it's just a security blanket to me. Security blanket and bragging rights for doing the right thing. ;)

I carry mine just in case. My state doesn't require it and according to the governor never will. To travel out of country you can show it instead of taking a covid test for many places.
A few times for medical appointments. My gaggle of physicians like to keep their patient's files updated. That's why I keep a photocopy of mine with me.

Beyond that it's just a security blanket to me. Security blanket and bragging rights for doing the right thing. ;)

Thanks for the info everyone!! I sometimes feel like I live in a different universe since Covid did little to change everyday life here. I drive to my childhood hometown for all shopping/errands and they never enforced the rules we once had as a state during lockdowns/mandates. County vaccination is around 14% so I thought maybe that is why we didn't need vaccine cards here. Seems like that might change in the future though since NYC will be moving towards that soon.