Coachtopia

@jblended - Some questions are: precisely what information does the antenna in the Coachtopia bag's NFC chip store/collect about the handbag's user/wearer, how is that data collected and used, where is this information stored, and who is the information sold to? Does the NFC chip, which contains an antenna, interact in any other way with any of the wearer's other devices (cellphones, tablets, credit cards, etc.) when near those devices? Can a clever hacker extract sensitive data from the NFC chip when standing directly behind a person who is carrying one of these bags (i.e. in a checkout line)? I use an aluminum wallet to protect my credit cards, but I would have no idea how to protect a hidden NFC chip in a handbag, or to turn the NFC chip off, should I want to do so. In short, and in the words of Ricky Ricardo, I think that Coach has some "splaining" to do.
Candidly, all of the information that you’re concerned about is first-party data that’s regularly collected by Coach during a typical, online transaction. Like most large companies, Coach uses its first-party data in all sorts of legal compliant ways like retargeting and audience modeling. If you’re concerned about “clever hackers”, then you should pretty much stop interacting with any sort of business as each sector —from retail to credit bureaus to hotels to online publishers— has experienced a nasty data breach by now.

For Coachtopia bags, the chip is in the leather hangtag so idk maybe just keep that at home, bend it until you hear a snap, or microwave it?

Candidly, all of the information that you’re concerned about is first-party data that’s regularly collected by Coach during a typical, online transaction. Like most large companies, Coach uses its first-party data in all sorts of legal compliant ways like retargeting and audience modeling. If you’re concerned about “clever hackers”, then you should pretty much stop interacting with any sort of business as each sector —from retail to credit bureaus to hotels to online publishers— has experienced a nasty data breach by now.

For Coachtopia bags, the chip is in the leather hangtag so idk maybe just keep that at home, bend it until you hear a snap, or microwave it?
I am not telling anyone what they should do or what they should think, but merely stating my own opinion. I would appreciate the same courtesy from others.

It dismays me the chip is in the hangtag. It seems like someone could put the hangtag on another bag, maybe even a fake, and return that one to the Coach store.

Almost everything was sold out by the time I had to view it. I love that this concept is gaining momentum. It is what I based my tiny biz around (hi - i work with preloved leather bags and scrap leather :biggrin:). Naturally I'd love to feel and experience the product beforehand, however I will tell you - you need to get creative with little bits of leather. What I'm curious to know is that the products were designed by many young artists - but who is assembling the bags and how small batch is small batch? (ie. how many of each item is produced? - you'd be limited by HOW much scrap you have.

Again, very excited for this direction that Coach is going as I have a VERY hard time purchasing full price and not preloved.

P.S. T (@Teagaggle ) please feel free to bombard me with pictures of the checked wavy Dinky. That was what caught my eye and I'm dying to hear your review and to see it up close

I went to the Coach site a bunch of times when I saw these bags on social media that people had bought but I still didn't see anything until today and it was just because I clicked a link from an email. I wasn't interested in the bags but liked some of the accessories. Debating getting a few but I think they will be gone by the time I decide.
Almost everything was sold out by the time I had to view it. I love that this concept is gaining momentum. It is what I based my tiny biz around (hi - i work with preloved leather bags and scrap leather :biggrin:). Naturally I'd love to feel and experience the product beforehand, however I will tell you - you need to get creative with little bits of leather. What I'm curious to know is that the products were designed by many young artists - but who is assembling the bags and how small batch is small batch? (ie. how many of each item is produced? - you'd be limited by HOW much scrap you have.

Again, very excited for this direction that Coach is going as I have a VERY hard time purchasing full price and not preloved.

P.S. T (@Teagaggle ) please feel free to bombard me with pictures of the checked wavy Dinky. That was what caught my eye and I'm dying to hear your review and to see it up close

On some of the bags (in the description) it says 180 were made of that specific style. I noticed that in the more elaborate ergo bags (the $350 ones).

Reactions: thepeachpeddler
Ok guys...I'm in lust. Not 100% love but pretty sure I'm keeping.
Awesome packaging; very well padded (both bags in same box).
Bags themselves are very good quality. The exterior back pocket fits my Galaxy S21+. The interior is one open compartment. Because of the deep wave in the middle, interior space is more limited than I'd hoped. Although the small wallet I use for my Rogue 20 will fit, a card case is more appropriate. That said, I could still fit my wallet, keys & a few small items but not much more. The quality & details, particularly on the checkerboard one are TDF. HAVE to get back to work but wanted to take a few snaps. Definitely hoping to pick up an Ergo after seeing these. Let me know if you have any questions!
20230425_102514.jpg20230425_102602.jpg20230425_102634.jpg20230425_102807.jpg20230425_103334.jpg20230425_103442.jpg

Some of the bags are in stock!
I grabbed the Ergo Checkerboard in Black/Chalk, which was the only one I wanted-- but forgot that I had 5 other random things sitting in my cart that I had to move before I could purchase the Ergo. The site must've been slammed with shoppers when the restock went live, because every single thing took ages to move out of the cart. I wonder if I submitted the order in time to get the Ergo, or if my order will get canceled. I have my fingers crossed that it ships. I'd love to have that bag.

I grabbed the Ergo Checkerboard in Black/Chalk, which was the only one I wanted-- but forgot that I had 5 other random things sitting in my cart that I had to move before I could purchase the Ergo. The site must've been slammed with shoppers when the restock went live, because every single thing took ages to move out of the cart. I wonder if I submitted the order in time to get the Ergo, or if my order will get canceled. I have my fingers crossed that it ships. I'd love to have that bag.
Haha relatable, it felt like time was dragging out so long! My last cherry bag order got cancelled but I got my first choice which was the strawberry today so fingers crossed!

Reactions: thepeachpeddler