Coach wallet issues

siriani

Jan 3, 2023
Please help.
Has this ever happened to you? Is there a way to fix it?
This wallet I have already authenticated here and another I bought from Coach not Coach factory, both are peeling inside. What can I do? Why did this happen? I take care of my bags and wallets, im careful and not rough with them. I only buy Coach. I thought Coach has the best quality.
Any way to fix it?

Attachments

• 20240115_091848.jpg
    20240115_091848.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 33
  • 20240115_091855.jpg
    20240115_091855.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 40
  • 20240115_091900.jpg
    20240115_091900.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 20240115_091923.jpg
    20240115_091923.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 41
  • 20240115_092002.jpg
    20240115_092002.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 35
Curious what you learned from contacting Coach. I have a couple wallets that are doing that on the inside where you slip in credit cards and at the fold. The outside looks pristine so I would love to keep using them but pieces fall off and it looks "old" inside.

Curious what you learned from contacting Coach. I have a couple wallets that are doing that on the inside where you slip in credit cards and at the fold. The outside looks pristine so I would love to keep using them but pieces fall off and it looks "old" inside.
They asked for a fee around $75 to fix and it takes almost 4 weeks. They won't fix factory items just retail store items. This wallet was factory items. I have other items from retail which are doing the same but to pay almost half the price I paid and it's not guaranteed they can fix it, seems a bit much. Also you have to pay for shipping back and forth.
I didn't do anything with it yet.

Please help.
Has this ever happened to you? Is there a way to fix it?
This wallet I have already authenticated here and another I bought from Coach not Coach factory, both are peeling inside. What can I do? Why did this happen? I take care of my bags and wallets, im careful and not rough with them. I only buy Coach. I thought Coach has the best quality.
Any way to fix it?
Not sure but it almost looks like a coating peeling off of the “leather”. I wonder if they cheaped out and used some type of bonded leather inside. :/

I have wallets that are over 20 years old and I’ve never had anything peel before.

The only way I can think of to fix this is to take apart the wallet, replace the peelings panels and sew it back together so not a minor effort at all.

They asked for a fee around $75 to fix and it takes almost 4 weeks. They won't fix factory items just retail store items. This wallet was factory items. I have other items from retail which are doing the same but to pay almost half the price I paid and it's not guaranteed they can fix it, seems a bit much. Also you have to pay for shipping back and forth.
I didn't do anything with it yet.
I wish stores were more upfront about not repairing or standing behind pieces that come from the factory stores.
Had it with brooks brothers suits from the factory store as well. The pants tore at the seams and they said nothing to do because it's from the factory. Had I known, I would not have bought them.

Oh wow, that’s so frustrating. I found a really nice looking Coach wallet at the thrift store in their display case. Opened it up and the inside was all peeling. I left it there. I don’t know how to authenticate wallets but also wouldn’t be able to use it if it’s peeling that much. 😢

Not sure but it almost looks like a coating peeling off of the “leather”. I wonder if they cheaped out and used some type of bonded leather inside. :/

I have wallets that are over 20 years old and I’ve never had anything peel before.

The only way I can think of to fix this is to take apart the wallet, replace the peelings panels and sew it back together so not a minor effort at all.
I have a retail wallet that has done this, they have definitely switched the lining to some kind of bonded product. I have well used wallets that are 15+ years old that do not have so much as a broken stitch!

I have a retail wallet that has done this, they have definitely switched the lining to some kind of bonded product. I have well used wallets that are 15+ years old that do not have so much as a broken stitch!
I have noticed the lining on recent card cases/card holders (even this year's denim and quilted nappa leather versions) have a cheap feeling lining that I immediately thought won't last long.This is why I won't pay full price for them. If consumers pay full price they are telling Coach that they accept subpar materials. I'll either pass entirely or buy when they are half off or more.