Coach Repair Problem

here is Coach's guarantee

Quote:
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=-1] Coach products are made to ensure satisfaction and service for the natural life of the product. If, during its lifetime, your item should require repair, we offer a repair service for many of our products. There is a shipping and handling charge of $20 (plus tax, where applicable) for each item submitted for repair.

[/SIZE][/FONT] natural life to them is probably 5-7 years. I imagine every bag at this point has issues, and that's normal wear and tear.

I'm not trying to pick on you or even Coach. I don't have a problem with them limiting it to a certain time frame but they need to put that time frame in writing. Otherwise it's open to too much interpretation. Some might argue that a leather bag should last longer than 5-7 years. Others would say that's an appropriate length of natural life for a bag. I personally haven't had any Coach products that long yet so I can't really say. But some of the SAs do encourage sales by saying the bags have a lifetime warranty at least with what I have encountered. Always better to be safe IMO. If they say 5-7 years and warranty a bag that is older than that, they look good to a customer. If they leave it more open-ended, someone who thinks a bag should last longer than 5-7 years might get upset.

Just like with SA's at certain stores or service reps at Jax, it must all depend on who you get to take care of your bag. I sent in my Legacy shoulder for a repair, it just needed new stitches on the leather straps like fieldsinspring. The boutique waived the $20, I got my bag back within 2 weeks completely repaired. No coupon or credit letter though.

It all seems hit or miss. Try taking it by a boutique, see if they will waive the service fee and see what comes back! It may be suddenly be "repairable" if you get it in the right hands.

^^^That is very true. I am going to be sending in a sig stripe bag because the bottom is fraying and some seams are coming undone. If I get a coupon I will be angry because I paid full price for a quality bag and obviously it was that good of quality.

i had sent my reversible tote in and it was only b/c the stitching on the inside pocket was coming undone. I could have easily fixed it myself but didn't want to ruin it so I sent it in. My store waived the $20 fee... but about a month later they sent me a credit letter. They couldn't fix my bag!!1 How hard is it to stitch something?!?!?!?!

I think if it is something newer maybe they can fix or replace the bag but if it is older and in a color that is not available anymore maybe they say they can't fix it. Do they send these repairs to China where they make these things ?

^^^That is very true. I am going to be sending in a sig stripe bag because the bottom is fraying and some seams are coming undone. If I get a coupon I will be angry because I paid full price for a quality bag and obviously it was that good of quality.
This reminds me I have a chocolate stripe tote but the stiching is very odd to me. Plus there are like little strings in some places. I say I have worn the bag like 15 times since christmas. Also the Glitter is like falling off. The C's also look like there are little hairs coming out , Can anything be done?

Hmm I have had 2 bags repaired through Coach.. both times the boutique waived the $20 fee without me even asking. Both times they also sent me a letter with credit to go buy something for the full price of the bag including tax. I was never even offered a coupon. One of the bags only had the stitches starting to come undone on the leather part. I thought for sure they could fix it no problem. I am sorry that happened to you.. maybe call Coach and ask, or you can get full credit to replace the same bag with a brand new one? HTH! :yes:

Did Coach send your bags back to you and give you credit? I'm curious because they gave you full credit. If you get your bags back and credit to buy a new one, that's a pretty sweet deal!

That just reminds me : My sister-in-law got a letter from Coach with 40%off credit since they are not able to repair her baby bag. She passed the letter to me since she was upset about Coach and decided not going to buy anything from Coach anymore.
Am I able to take this letter and make good use of it ? Even though the letter was addressed to her ?

Unfortunately the $20 fee is for shipping, not for the repair itself. sometimes the stores waive the fee if the bag is very new. If the bag can't be repaired/or replaced then they send the letter for %off. They won't repair a bag if it isn't up to the coach standards. Sounds like you got a pretty good deal. 40% a new bag to replace a 5 year old one; and you got your old bag back. So you can take your old bag to a good tailor or cobbler to have it reapired (even if it isn't up to coach standards ;))

Last year I had hamptons vintage leather satchel that had discoloration. That kind of problem can't be "repaired" I really liked the bag very much, and wanted to keep it as I knew the bag had limited quantities left, and none available in my color. My friends convinced me that it looked unsighlty and would only worsen. I had the bag less than three months and had only used it for about 6 weeks. I never left it in the sun or used any product on it to cause the problem. Aside ffrom the color issue, the bag was beautiful. I bit the bullet and had the store send it in. My letter stated they couldn't fix it; however it did give me credit for the full amount of the bag. obviously they kept the bag. It took me awhile to find the perfect replacement. Almost a year. Now I love my Juliette.

Anyone have this problem:

I sent away my bag for repair and paid $20 coach said it could not repair to coach standards and so they sent me a 40% off coupon. The coupon is good i really wanted the bag repaired should i call and complain and ask for my $20 back. I just want the bag repaired it dosen't have to be to coach standard.

Reactions: klc2021
I think giving you a coupon and the purse back is a good deal. No? You could have the bag repaired somewhere else.

Personally for me no. If they were supposed to fix it and couldn't, I think a credit instead of a coupon is much more fair. Unless you already planned to buy something, you are pretty much spending more money to use the coupon in order to be whole again(having a fully functional bag or wallet).

It seems like Coach gives full credit for bags that are more recent that they can't fix. The 40% off is offered if you want your bag back or if it is an older bag. Seems like a good deal to me, especially since if it were an older bag by any other brand you would just be out of luck with no repair or discount.

lots of people have lots of issues with metallics rubbing off!
there's a current thread about a metallic (zoe, I think?) right now.
you'll find lots of answers if you do a search...good luck!