Coach Rehab and Rescue Club

Thanks! I think that's excellent advice. I'm getting some silica gel packs from Amazon. Generally, this is how I package a bag. Bubble wrap pouch. Usually taped closed around the bag, but not super tight. Then into another clear plastic bag (which has breathing holes) which is meant to be for shirts, clothing, etc. Then into a shipping box. Do you recommend putting a silica gel pack directly into the body of the bag as well as the container?
I store my rehabbed bags inside pillowcases, then into a plastic tote/tub and add silica packs to the tub. I haven't tried putting a gel pack inside the bags because I don't know if the chemicals in the gel packs will leave a residue in the lining or interior of the bags.

It seems your process could potentially have a bag wrapped up for quite some time - until a buyer unwraps it. Wondering if that's just too much wrapping for long term storage?? Adding silica gel packets to your storage containers would be ok, but I can't answer how they would do inside a bag.

Thanks! I think that's excellent advice. I'm getting some silica gel packs from Amazon. Generally, this is how I package a bag. Bubble wrap pouch. Usually taped closed around the bag, but not super tight. Then into another clear plastic bag (which has breathing holes) which is meant to be for shirts, clothing, etc. Then into a shipping box. Do you recommend putting a silica gel pack directly into the body of the bag as well as the container?
When I'm selling, I never pack anything up until it gets sold. Too often a buyer asks a question that requires looking at the bag. Also I don't know what kind of packaging I'm going to use until I know where the buyer lives. For me, sometimes it is cheaper to use flat rate and other times it isn't.

Once the bag is sold, I wrap in tissue, then a plastic bag, then into the box with air pillows. I wonder if tissue might help absorb any excess moisture. Also, I would make sure the rehabbed bag sits out in the air for at least a week before I packed it up.

Wow, thank you, I’d never even heard of puffy paint. I’ve ordered some now and it’s on its way to me.
Not too bad for my first attempt. I’m really pleased. I love my little Court Bag. Thanks again for the puffy paint suggestion 🙏.

Attachments

• IMG_4922.jpeg
    IMG_4922.jpeg
    133.8 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4926.jpeg
    IMG_4926.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_4927.jpeg
    IMG_4927.jpeg
    184.5 KB · Views: 18
Do you have a dehumidifier or home central air conditioning or an air conditioning unit in the area where you keep your bags?
No. Most homes in this area do not have A/C. Never needed it! But, the world is getting warmer, and newer homes do. I don't! I'm re-thinking my set up for rehabbed bags storage. My hubby had the idea that I should package for shipping right after listing an item for sale. For most bags, that's probably OK, but not for these ones I dunked. It might be several months to a year before I sell a given bag!! I think I'll make a separate storage area for those special rehabbed bags that I intend to sell. I like the idea of a pillow case. I got these (I think) cotton, maybe linen, drawstring storage bags from Amazon. Maybe those. I'll have to figure out how to label them to find a specific bag easily. And stick my dessicant gel packets in there! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N21KKYN

Attachments

• bags.jpg
    bags.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
No. Most homes in this area do not have A/C. Never needed it! But, the world is getting warmer, and newer homes do. I don't! I'm re-thinking my set up for rehabbed bags storage. My hubby had the idea that I should package for shipping right after listing an item for sale. For most bags, that's probably OK, but not for these ones I dunked. It might be several months to a year before I sell a given bag!! I think I'll make a separate storage area for those special rehabbed bags that I intend to sell. I like the idea of a pillow case. I got these (I think) cotton, maybe linen, drawstring storage bags from Amazon. Maybe those. I'll have to figure out how to label them to find a specific bag easily. And stick my dessicant gel packets in there! https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N21KKYN
Those bags look nice - good idea! So far I've only used mismatched or extra pillowcases for my bags. (One can never have too many pillowcases. Sometimes available in thrift shops or retail stores and yard/garage sales for pretty cheap.)
Some pillowcases (king size) can hold a couple of bags (put one bag into the bottom, fold in half then tuck the other bag into the open end and neither bag touches the other). I attach a note of the bag name and any other info I feel necessary onto each pillowcase with a small safety pin, then into a plastic tub with an inventory sheet taped to the outside. That inventory list is a printed copy of what I keep on my computer. Or hand write the inventory sheet as you sell, add or rotate bags.
I'm in the southeast, so even with a/c I don't trust the previous life of a bag - dunked or not - for potential mold growth.

Good luck!

IMG_1015.jpegIMG_1019.jpeg

Hello experienced rehabbers. Now that my smooshed bag has been authenticated, I’m wondering the best approach to reshape and would appreciate any feedback you might have.
1) Dunk and stuff
2) Stuff and steam
3) something else?

Thanks for any input.

I'm done with the trim on the Elle chain tote. I think it came out fantastic. Yay for Edge Coat.
i wanted to come back to your post. i recently purchased the Val duffel bag from shopgoodwill, it's going to need a cleaning that's for sure. i looked up the bag on the Coach outlet site, and saw this is a cross-grain leather. how did you clean your bag? - did you use anything different to clean that leather?

i wanted to come back to your post. i recently purchased the Val duffel bag from shopgoodwill, it's going to need a cleaning that's for sure. i looked up the bag on the Coach outlet site, and saw this is a cross-grain leather. how did you clean your bag? - did you use anything different to clean that leather?
I dunked the Elle chain tote (pebbled leather) just as usual. With cross grain leather sometimes I'll do this: sudsy bar soap with water on a toothbrush, and then leather cpr. :smile:

• Thanks
Reactions: katev and KiltyR45
Hi Everyone! I’m in the UK and just found out Amazon isn’t carrying leather cpr anymore. 😭 Has anyone found anything similar available in the uk? I have renapur but would like something with a similar consistency to leather cpr. Sorry if this has already been asked, I searched and couldn’t find anything!

Reactions: LunaLago
Hi Everyone! I’m in the UK and just found out Amazon isn’t carrying leather cpr anymore. 😭 Has anyone found anything similar available in the uk? I have renapur but would like something with a similar consistency to leather cpr. Sorry if this has already been asked, I searched and couldn’t find anything!
You might try going to a local cobbler shoe repair shop, or an equestrian riding shop and asking for advice.

Reactions: Cate103