• Neither

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Coach

Votes: 44 74.6%
  • Michael Kors

Votes: 9 15.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This is a coach board so you may encounter some bias here this is just my 2 cents.

Coach has been really making a resurgence in the past few years, I work in fashion (design) and notice a lot of buzz surrounding the brand. People who know about it know about it, in contrast to ten years ago the brand has made leaps under Stewart. People who don't know are always surprised to see something coach.

Oh the flip side I think Micheal Kor's is where coach was ten years ago, It is now a joke in the industry nobody wants to wear it. I'm not saying some of his stuff isn't nice because it is and some of it is elevated but I think his reputation now precedes him and speaks more for the brand then his actual product. I also think a bit of originality is missing he will blatantly knock off and that turns me off.

Everyone should wear what makes them happy but I will be avoiding MK me and my friends all early 20's-30's will pass by not even entering his store on our way to coach.

This is a coach board so you may encounter some bias here this is just my 2 cents.

Coach has been really making a resurgence in the past few years, I work in fashion (design) and notice a lot of buzz surrounding the brand. People who know about it know about it, in contrast to ten years ago the brand has made leaps under Stewart. People who don't know are always surprised to see something coach.

Oh the flip side I think Micheal Kor's is where coach was ten years ago, It is now a joke in the industry nobody wants to wear it. I'm not saying some of his stuff isn't nice because it is and some of it is elevated but I think his reputation now precedes him and speaks more for the brand then his actual product. I also think a bit of originality is missing he will blatantly knock off and that turns me off.

Everyone should wear what makes them happy but I will be avoiding MK me and my friends all early 20's-30's will pass by not even entering his store on our way to coach.
Well, I’m glad I’m not “in the industry”. I only own 3 MK Mercer totes and a number of MK wallets. I do not consider my collection or the money spent, “a joke”.

Reactions: all7s
Well, I’m glad I’m not “in the industry”. I only own 3 MK Mercer totes and a number of MK wallets. I do not consider my collection or the money spent, “a joke”.

Don't get me wrong I mean no offence. Micheal himself has become a bit of a laugh - he knocks off everyone and he went to fashion school (the one I attended) for one semester before dropping out mind you he has done very well for himself. That comment is more directed to him as a "designer" and not his bags, He has design teams for that and most likely has never actually designed a thing. Like I said some of his stuff is very elevated and high end and wasn't knocking his product at all.

In contrast to Stewart Vevers, creative director of coach he is a true designer and a revolutionary if I might say so myself.

In terms of popularity I think Coach has been making a resurgence. In terms of quality I would rank the brands this way:

1. Michael Kors Collection
2. Coach 1941
3. Coach New York
4. MICHAEL Michael Kors
5. Coach Factory = Michael Kors Outlet

In my experience there are nice bags across the ranges that need to be judged on their own merits, not just the label or tier within the label. For instance, I have a MICHAEL Michael Kors backpack and a circa 2014 Coach Factory tote that I feel are very high quality and exceed what I would expect based on their prices. Kors tends to copy other designers' popular bags more blatantly, but higher-end designers have also copied a few original MK designs. I wouldn't think someone's personal style was more or less sophisticated bases on the brand of their bag, but rather the specific bag they choose to carry and how they carry it.

I like both (I have several MK keychain wallets, and A LOT of Coach keychain wallets a.k.a. mini skinnies). Both are good brands IMO, in similar and different regards. However, I give the vote to Coach. I love how Coach began (baseball gloves, pretty cool) and it was the first brand I became fascinated with. For the record, I like both brands (especially the signature logo - color blocking). I like all brands and feel one should carry what they like, not what's 'in style' or 'popular'.

Definitely Coach.
I've bought both, and from the result, Michael Michael Kors bags do not last as long as Coach bags. They lose structures easily, the leather worn off easily.
I buy Coach 1941 collect while on sale for quality bags at cheaper price range. The Coach retail store bags generally speaking have good quality, But MK retail store isn't the same, some bags are good, some are poorly made. but I do not recommend buying from outlet, coach outlet bag quality is bad, just as bad as MK outlet.
Design wise, I hate many MK bags as they copy from other brands so obviously, while most Coach bags still have their originality.