Cleaning Marks on Jaune Coin Card Holder!!

I am confused. Is the Taigarama delicate canvas and I have to baby it, not the same as the monogram canvas which is hard wearing? Thanks

The Taiga canvas is softer than say the reverse monogram canvas which is very thick and stiff. This cardholder has the Taiga cow-hide leather on the card slots section, the lining of the zip compartment and inside the front pocket. Just doing a little research Taiga leather is apparently durable and hard wearing. I don't plan to baby this piece as it'll be used a lot!. See thread link below with various comments on Taiga leather.

I haven't gotten to take her out yet. It will likely only be a quick run to the shops.

Canvas is softer than I thought and is pliable. The cards are a little difficult to get into the slots at the moment but that's because it's new. This will loosen once cards are stored.

If I had one con it would be you can slightly see the outline of the cards when they're in the slots. I've tried to highlight what I mean. It's not a big thing for me as I think it's a very functional wallet and like you I prefer this design over the YSL.

It's a little annoying you can't get the London store to post. Can they not transfer to a local LV store or have CS set up a payment link for you.

There are a few Youtube videos out there on this cardholder and the YSL which may help with your decision. Also below is link to a thread on this forum comparing the two cardholders.

View attachment 4785105

View attachment 4785106
That’s a stunning blue, not too light or too dark.:loveeyes: I saw it couple of days ago as atb and actually added into my basket (still there) but hesitated did not complete payment cos still hoping for the orange.
Thanks for the detailed info and photos, really helpful.:smile:

That’s a stunning blue, not too light or too dark.:loveeyes: I saw it couple of days ago as atb and actually added into my basket (still there) but hesitated did not complete payment cos still hoping for the orange.
Thanks for the detailed info and photos, really helpful.:smile:

Hopefully you can get the orange. The blue is gorgeous ocean blue and was atb yesterday morning too!

According to CS the colours are seasonal so what you see as atb or in stock are apparently the last of them now. Good luck!

Reactions: Roz2019
I’m sorry this happened to you. It must be something inside your bag or your bag lining. I’m not sure if this can help but have you try clean it with leather conditioner.
I have one in blue and I always careful enough not to have it rubbed against anything dark inside my purse. Definitely from now on I will keep it inside its dust bag when I use it.
Hope you can have yours clean soon.

It doesn’t look like color transfer. It looks like color coming off at the top point of the surface. This is kinda why I refrain myself from getting these gorgeous colorful pieces. The color looks like a coating/prints/patterns printed on the leather rather than the classic canvas, which the fabrics already has the print before they apply the coating.

Reactions: bigverne28
I have seen one in yellow on YouTube that’s over a year old in pristine condition. However the person cleaned regularly after use and babied the piece. Another review I saw the person had the same piece a good while and it still looked good. He just had some slight tiny wear to the card slots where the cards are taken in and out.

I’m thinking the one posted here was loose in a bag with other items which rubbed against the surface and took the colour off. I will not be purchasing one in this colour as I don’t want to worry about it.

I have seen one in yellow on YouTube that’s over a year old in pristine condition. However the person cleaned regularly after use and babied the piece. Another review I saw the person had the same piece a good while and it still looked good. He just had some slight tiny wear to the card slots where the cards are taken in and out.

I’m thinking the one posted here was loose in a bag with other items which rubbed against the surface and took the colour off. I will not be purchasing one in this colour as I don’t want to worry about it.

Of course my card holder was loose in my bag! However, it wasn't with any sharp items or anything that could scuff it. I take care of my items, but I personally cannot "baby" any of my things, so I've come to terms with it and still happily use it every single day! I absolutely love this style of wallet and even though I've had issues with it scuffing, I plan on buying it in more colors. My brother has the same wallet/same color and his shows signs of wear even though it is not used daily.

I personally would not recommend the jaune color to anyone who is scared about their item showing wear and tear.

Reactions: bigverne28
Of course my card holder was loose in my bag! However, it wasn't with any sharp items or anything that could scuff it. I take care of my items, but I personally cannot "baby" any of my things, so I've come to terms with it and still happily use it every single day! I absolutely love this style of wallet and even though I've had issues with it scuffing, I plan on buying it in more colors. My brother has the same wallet/same color and his shows signs of wear even though it is not used daily.

I personally would not recommend the jaune color to anyone who is scared about their item showing wear and tear.

Thanks for the update. I have purchased in blue and don’t plan to baby mine either. As long as you’re enjoying the wallet and it’s functional that’s all tha matters!