Hermes in China

bagidiotic

O.G.
Apr 10, 2012
Dear lovely h buddies
My dh will soon be posted to china for a year soon after this Chinese new year for work between shanghai n Beijing
I will have opportunities to visit him once in a while
Any experiencesor intels on china stores
Such as
Inventory level
Service attribute
Worth getting connect with sa over there
Reliability of purchase
How would u compare china stores vs hongkong or macau
Greatly appreciated if anyone of u could share your valuable experiences
Thank you

i just know the prices are very high there, it's more expensive than Japan or US prices. It is also very hard to get any coveted bags unless you are willing to drop more than 100K RMB on RTW or jewelry before they can offer you a classic color B or K. The purchase power for Mainland Chinese are very powerful! Lots of them are willing to drop top dollars for a bag. The service in general are ok, some of the more experience SA are quite good, the younger ones have no idea what they are selling! They do not even know there's such thing at T-shrit scarf in some store, and mostly they have no idea what the colors are names........but the SH store at Plaza 66 is quite nice are the renovation. Have fun there and should certainly enjoy the local cuisines.

i just know the prices are very high there, it's more expensive than Japan or US prices. It is also very hard to get any coveted bags unless you are willing to drop more than 100K RMB on RTW or jewelry before they can offer you a classic color B or K. The purchase power for Mainland Chinese are very powerful! Lots of them are willing to drop top dollars for a bag. The service in general are ok, some of the more experience SA are quite good, the younger ones have no idea what they are selling! They do not even know there's such thing at T-shrit scarf in some store, and mostly they have no idea what the colors are names........but the SH store at Plaza 66 is quite nice are the renovation. Have fun there and should certainly enjoy the local cuisines.

Thanks pretty99 for your view
Actually I heard among my friends bout horror experiences at those stores
Such as bribery for popular items or they can even sell replica stuffs
Have to b very cautious
Its so scary

Thanks pretty99 for your view
Actually I heard among my friends bout horror experiences at those stores
Such as bribery for popular items or they can even sell replica stuffs
Have to b very cautious
Its so scary

Doesn't surprise me at all! And agree with pretty99 that price is very high there and so is the buying power. Luxury goods shopping is a competitive sport there. I wouldn't bother and will stick with my SAs in Europe or US.

Doesn't surprise me at all! And agree with pretty99 that price is very high there and so is the buying power. Luxury goods shopping is a competitive sport there. I wouldn't bother and will stick with my SAs in Europe or US.

Thank u xiangxiang
Yes I have my regular sa in europe japan usa or even my local store
They're all kind n nice to me
I just thinking to open out more options as some stuffs are really hard to get such as bag charms
Or right accessories color

Thank u xiangxiang
Yes I have my regular sa in europe japan usa or even my local store
They're all kind n nice to me
I just thinking to open out more options as some stuffs are really hard to get such as bag charms
Or right accessories color

You really have to drop mega bucks or offer bribe to get special items from there.

bribery for shopping
My dh won't dare to do it n freak out lol

Shanghai and Beijing is really hard to score anything unless you are willing to drop £££££€€€€€$$$$$in the shop.and the SAs are pretty rude..
They don't know much about the products...

if you have a chance to visit the boutique in hangzhou..do try...

Last time I was there with my friend..she score a club birkin but In addition to that she was asked to buy a Lindy alone with it ..and the price is crazy..

Hi there! There was a discussion on this at the Hermes HK shopping thread sometime last year, and this was my reply (post #1124). Until rather recently, I lived in Shanghai for a couple of years, traveĺled to BJ every month and rather enjoyed the H exp in SH and BJ. The SAs are generally nice, but u really need to speak Mandarin, and like most Hs, it really helps to build up rapport with your SA. The modus operandi it seems now, is to mix and match items to a certain amt before u get your B/K. The rules of the game are made v clear, and I think u are quite certain to get what you want at the end of it. ;)

Reposting my post.....

This is the situation on Shanghai.... (Btw, they are opening a Flagship in Shanghai next Spring, apparantly according to my SA, the largest in China). All SAs are given 4 B/K per year, and my guess is that the 4 B/Ks types are assigned by the store SM from the beginning of the season or year.

Many SAs I believe, are looking to build up a regular clientele base. Despite many walk-ins, many clients do not become regulars, as they are quite targeted in what they want, which are usually belt kits and wallets.

To be offered a b/k, you need to:
1. Spend about RMB150k to RMB170k (but as rightly pointed out, the spend amount differs from city to city, store to store)
2. Buy any bags other than B/K, wallets, jewellery, watches, perfumes, rtw, scarves and homeware.
3. A C adds to the B/K, but a C comes with a minimum buy of another item of similar value.
4. If you buy a watch or a jewellery piece, you get bumped up the list to the B/K.
5. Once you hit the spend amount, you can get the bag immediately if it is in stock.
6. The spend is only consolidated within one store. You cannot consolidate the amounts across stores.
7. Some more coveted items such as Jiges, Kelly wallets need the SM's approval. You will need to find a friendly SA in this aspect.

They are v willing to work with overseas clients. Prices are about 20 percent higher than HK. I too worry about fakes leaking into shop inventories, but so far, I haven't come across any issues from my own personal experiences. The China Hs do have some interesting items. I have seen a lagon clou de selles, candy Kelly wallets, bolide relaxes etc.

I think that if you are willing to pay the 20 percent extra, are hunting for rare interesting pieces as a H collector, don't really want a long wait, I think that Shanghai could be a nice place to start a relationship with H. In my experience, I think that the SAs are generally v warm, and they are interested to start relations with clients who express long term interest with the brand.

I do pick up some nice pieces that I find at the Hs in Shanghai from time to time, and have been offered B/K before. But I never did buy the B/Ks as I could not see myself paying 20 percent or more for something that I could get in other cities.

Good luck on ur hunt tpf friends!!

what I worry about is its authenticity...there are a lot of counterfeits there. My husband is from hong kong and justt visited there this past x-mas, he told me "don't you dare to even go there"... LOL

Dear lovely h buddies
My dh will soon be posted to china for a year soon after this Chinese new year for work between shanghai n Beijing
I will have opportunities to visit him once in a while
Any experiencesor intels on china stores
Such as
Inventory level
Service attribute
Worth getting connect with sa over there
Reliability of purchase
How would u compare china stores vs hongkong or macau
Greatly appreciated if anyone of u could share your valuable experiences
Thank you

I lived in shanghai for three years and never bought anything in the stores. The stock is pretty decent but the prices are outrageous!!! I always bought my H in the US or Europe. In terms of scoring a B or K, forget it unless you want to spend a lot of money! The china prices are sometimes double of what you would spend in Europe. To me, it was not even worth building a relationship with any of the SAs. I was just there this week and did see quite a lot of bags, scarves, and jewelry but would never purchase anything.