Scarves Chiffon (mousseline) scarves

Hi everyone... So I've been eyeing one of the beautiful moussies released this season but my only moussie is a small losange and I'm a bit worried about the sturdiness of of the big scarves... When I touched it in store it seemed extremely delicate. i'm very worried that I would quickly ruin it with multiple snags. Can anyone share their experience or any tricks you have to keep from snagging? Last week my watch strap somehow snagged in a CSGM and caused a run, so now I'm super traumatized... Should I never wear any jewelry or tops with zippers when wearing these giant moussies? What about bags, do they snag easily if you're wearing a cross-body bag, for example?
Or should I just give up on the giant moussies all together?

Reactions: MAGJES
Hi everyone... So I've been eyeing one of the beautiful moussies released this season but my only moussie is a small losange and I'm a bit worried about the sturdiness of of the big scarves... When I touched it in store it seemed extremely delicate. i'm very worried that I would quickly ruin it with multiple snags. Can anyone share their experience or any tricks you have to keep from snagging? Last week my watch strap somehow snagged in a CSGM and caused a run, so now I'm super traumatized... Should I never wear any jewelry or tops with zippers when wearing these giant moussies? What about bags, do they snag easily if you're wearing a cross-body bag, for example?
Maybe I have been lucky, but I havent had an issue with the snagging or pulls. When I first took the plunge I was afraid too, but they are surprisingly durable despite their delicate fabric.

No issue here either. I find the silk in Hermès mousselines to be extremely fine but very strong, which helps resist pulling/snags.

In general I find them pretty hardy. I tend to avoid long tails, especially if I am going to be in the car or something, but I would do that too with CSGM for the same reason.

They are easy to spot clean, wrinkles fall out pretty quickly, and I don't worry about them in the rain. Easily ironed if you do have to spot clean, and I don't seem to suffer from snags any worse than only other format I have (CSGM, 90, 45, twilly, maxi twilly) and usually seem to fare a bit better.

The Astrologie moussie that is out right now is really pretty!

No issue here either. I find the silk in Hermès mousselines to be extremely fine but very strong, which helps resist pulling/snags.
Dear @ajaxbreaker! Can second what @CanuckBagLover and @bagnut1 mentioned: Moussies are much sturdier than you would imagine! No snagging here either! One of our cats even jumped on one of my GMs! My heart had stopped - but nothing had happened!
In general I find them pretty hardy. I tend to avoid long tails, especially if I am going to be in the car or something, but I would do that too with CSGM for the same reason.

They are easy to spot clean, wrinkles fall out pretty quickly, and I don't worry about them in the rain. Easily ironed if you do have to spot clean, and I don't seem to suffer from snags any worse than only other format I have (CSGM, 90, 45, twilly, maxi twilly) and usually seem to fare a bit better.

The Astrologie moussie that is out right now is really pretty!

Thank you everyone for the input! I decided to go for the scarf after your reassurances :smile: Will post modshots soon!

Oh that looks fabulous with your sweater!:loveeyes:
Thank you, dear Julide! Love to combine my rustic sweaters with a light mousse.
This one is perfect on you Sammy!
Thank you so much, bunny! ❤️ When I saw it, I thought immediately “there is my name on it“... :hbeat:
How lovely!! I love this in green!
Totally agree, dear Cookie! Thank you!!
Congrats on this one- it’s marvelous!
Thank you very much! :flowers:

Reactions: Julide and andee