Chemical smell-new YSL envelope

I just received my new large envelope bag with silver mirrored hardware from Saks and the smell is terrible. Has anyone experienced this? This is my first Saint Laurant bag and I have never tried one on in a store. I love the smell of leather and have many bags from different brands: Chanel, Louis Vuitton, Gucci, Coach, Kate Spade, etc and none of them have this chemical smell. I will be returning the bag but I am curious if this caviar type leather from YSL always smells bad.

Thanks for commenting! I have watched YouTube videos and read most of the Saint Laurent forum and I haven’t found anyone mentioning this leather having a strong smell. I have left my bag out of the box for a day and it is still so strong that I could never wear it. It is such a shame because it is a beautiful line of products.

I bought a belt bag a month ago and for the first couple days the smell was really strong. If I haven't bought directly from the boutique I could swear it was a fake/bad leather quality. But now it's all fine.

Hi! I bought a brand new medium envelope from a SL boutique a few weeks ago and no terrible chemical smell. Only lovely smelling leather. My concern is wear and tear based on lots of the reviews on TPF. But so far so good. Definitely return your bag!

Reactions: mimomof5kids