Chanel Urban Spirit Backpack

In a dilemma - fell in love with the Chanel urban spirit backpack as I had to return my LV Palm Springs mini since it was defective within a week. Looking for a backpack and loved the mini size of the PSM, so I naturally gravitated towards the mini size of the urban spirit. Can it fit a good amount? I bought a small one off fashionphile but I want to hear what sizes you all prefer. I got to try them on hastily but didn’t have the time to see what can fit in it. Here’s some pics for reference.

Attachments

• 0EA8A55A-179F-4F98-A333-318163C9D178.jpeg
    0EA8A55A-179F-4F98-A333-318163C9D178.jpeg
    189.2 KB · Views: 414
  • B0381CD4-FBED-4B69-B4D4-BED42331ECA4.jpeg
    B0381CD4-FBED-4B69-B4D4-BED42331ECA4.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 417
I have had my Urban Spirit backpack for a few years now, it has held up wonderfully! I did get the large size and with everything I carry on a daily basis I have extra room. I think I could buy the small and it would have been fine. I plan to purchase another Chanel backpack in the future, that is how much I have liked mine. Good luck!

I got the medium size as it suited my frame (165cm). They're such amazing backpacks!
I highly recommend a bag insert - helps me to layer items inside rather than piling them on top of each other. Also protects the leather lining inside.

Reactions: vivaciousbev1
I have a Urban Spirit backpack with silver hardware. It is lambskin and it has held up magnificently. The top flap does crease because of the way the chain is constructed to the bag, no way to avoid that. That is really the only issue. Great bag!
How do you like the lamb and how long have you owned it? Just bought a prepared lamb one and its great,just debating how it’ll wear!

I have the Urban Spirit backpack, calfskin, purchased about three years ago. It has been my work horse bag, carry it about four days a week. I have taken this bag on many trips etc... The flap creases where the chain is attached at the top and the body of the bag gets a few creases toward the bottom. This is a slouchy bag so the creases do not bother me, there is absolutely no way this bag would not crease, just how it is constructed. I really do love the bag and I plan to purchase another in the couple years. This bag has held up magnificently. The leather really looks great, no scratches or corner wear. The only signs of wear is on the chain, the silver HW has changed, not in a terrible way, but not the same as when I purchased it.
No corner wear at all? Even where the leather folds?

Is yours calf or lambskin? I just got a preloved one in lamb but I’m worried about wear.

It's calf. I expected it to be more durable than lamb (so I got the calf skin) however I was disappointed. I got a little scratch on it after 6 months (despite being very careful). I picked up my first lamb few weeks ago and it is better than the calf. It was puffier, firmer and I accidentally brushes it against a wall and it was fine.
I think calf/ lamb/ caviar depends on the season as caviar is known to be the most durable, however I've come across cracking and structural issues before too with it.

Reactions: vivaciousbev1
It's calf. I expected it to be more durable than lamb (so I got the calf skin) however I was disappointed. I got a little scratch on it after 6 months (despite being very careful). I picked up my first lamb few weeks ago and it is better than the calf. It was puffier, firmer and I accidentally brushes it against a wall and it was fine.
I think calf/ lamb/ caviar depends on the season as caviar is known to be the most durable, however I've come across cracking and structural issues before too with it.
It really does! I got a preloved lambskin and it has minor edge wear however minor creasing. I saw new calf ones in store and there was already bad creasing. Overall I’m not sure which would wear better overtime, but I think it really does depend on the wash and season...