Chanel Toronto

Hey girls :smile:

I'm looking to purchase a classic flap (more specifically: medium, caviar, not sure about hardware yet) this summer, and I know it's not the easiest thing to get nowadays. I was wondering if those who are in Toronto have any advice as to the best/most convenient way to track it down.

I would prefer to purchase it at a Holt Renfrew, but from what I have heard, Holts will not order any classics for you. Can anyone confirm that?
If it comes down to having to purchase it from the Chanel Boutique on Bloor, can anyone refer a good SA (and their contact info if you can)?

Thanks for helping me track down my dream bag! :smile:

Hi sylviaaa!

I got my m/l black cavier flap at holts bloor location about 2 years ago.

However, I do prefer the service at the bloor location now because I have an awesome SA. I got a black cavier GST from her and it arrived in a week, brand new unopened box :smile:

The general number at the bloor boutique is +1 (416) 925-2577 you should ask for Phay! She is the best! You can tell her Rebecca referred you :smile:

Good luck in getting your bag!!

Hi sylviaaa!

I got my m/l black cavier flap at holts bloor location about 2 years ago.

However, I do prefer the service at the bloor location now because I have an awesome SA. I got a black cavier GST from her and it arrived in a week, brand new unopened box :smile:

The general number at the bloor boutique is +1 (416) 925-2577 you should ask for Phay! She is the best! You can tell her Rebecca referred you :smile:

Good luck in getting your bag!!
^ ITA Phay is awesome! If she's busy, Lori is also amazing. Best of luck!

Worst experience ever.

I'm not sure who the SAs think they are but they're so pretentious that it disgusted me. I walked into the store with the intent to purchase a classic flap and no one even paid attention to me... when I did they barely even made an effort and their tone was so condescending.

I wanted to know about the medium quilted boy bag too and she didn't even tell me that i should come back in a few weeks she said: "come back in a few weeks" and walks away.

So seriously, **** them, i will buy my chanel somewhere else, my friend has a nice SA in Seattle so i will wait.

I have no idea who these SAs are but someone needs to remind them that they don't own any of those bags but they are selling them. So a bit of respect and kindness should be common sense with sales. :mad:

Now i don't even know if i want to buy anything from Chanel or even try the boutique in Yorkdale...

yeah... sometimes I wonder about them too... Not sure how they make their sales acting like this. For me.. I just be the better person and let it pass... but I am this close to setting them straight on WHO HAS THE MONEY TO BUY and WHO NEEDS MY MONEY TO GET THEIR PAYCHECK!

yeah... sometimes I wonder about them too... Not sure how they make their sales acting like this. For me.. I just be the better person and let it pass... but I am this close to setting them straight on WHO HAS THE MONEY TO BUY and WHO NEEDS MY MONEY TO GET THEIR PAYCHECK!

Exactly!
Apparently speaking mandarin will get their attention.

Haha -- same goes for Vancouver Chanel at HR. Ridiculous service. You see SAs standing around not helping customers and they don't even bother to greet or ask whether you need help for anything.

Perhaps speaking Mandarin would work but I highly doubt it. Last time I walked in there, I had finished shopping at LV and Hermes, carrying big brown and orange bags. Still, nobody in there bothered with me. I rather bring my money somewhere else and pay a bit more than to tolerate that kind of attitude.

Do you mean the YorkDALE store or another one? If you are talking about Yorkdale, then I agree, nearly all of the SA's there are not worth your time or giving them your hard earned money. There is one exception though and her name is Tatsiana. I highly recommend her. I have worked with her on a number of transactions now and she is just top notch. You might want to call the boutique in advance and check her schedule to see if she will be in the day you are planning on visiting.
As for both of the other Toronto downtown locations, I don't have much to say about any of the SA's there either. I've been trying to find a good one there for a number of years now. I pretty much gave up.

I prefer the Yorkdale shop to to Bloor St. any day. I live really close to Yorkville and never go in anymore. Sadly, I buy most of my bags in the states; but with the rough exchange rate right now that has come to an end. I really don't think the service has anything to do with language or race I just think the service sucks at the Bloor St. boutique in general. Yorkdale is a little better and usually has better stock. My sister found an impossible to find WOC there last week and the girl was great. The SA that helped us out was Tamara. We had to ask for help but after we asked she was super helpful. Really went out of her way.

I think this is how the service level is for all of the Canadian stores are in general - yet any boutique in the states the service is fantastic! I have purchased bags here and get much better service when I just by costume jewellery in the States..like a $300 brooch and they treat me like A VIP (its embarrasing at times) but when you buy a big ticket item here its like you are a nuisance...even though you are dropping over $3k on a bag... I just don't get it...

Haha -- same goes for Vancouver Chanel at HR. Ridiculous service. You see SAs standing around not helping customers and they don't even bother to greet or ask whether you need help for anything.

Perhaps speaking Mandarin would work but I highly doubt it. Last time I walked in there, I had finished shopping at LV and Hermes, carrying big brown and orange bags. Still, nobody in there bothered with me. I rather bring my money somewhere else and pay a bit more than to tolerate that kind of attitude.

Yup, the service is just as bad on the west coast. This is exactly why I'm waiting to buy my bag in the US or in Europe or wait until Nordstrom opens in Vancouver. It's sad when the customer greets the employees just for the sake of being polite and they can't even muster up a "hello" in return.

If anyone is here from toronto or has visited and can relate, please let me know about your experience!

I work near Yorkdale and don't need to dress up at work. Yorkdale is close to me so I often go after work and am dressed down. Even though I am carrying usually a designer bag, I am wearing sneakers and yoga pants. For mannnnnny years I have gone to the Chanel store there and never been treated very nicely, thus I have never wanted to give them my money. I used to think its because of my casual demenaor, but every other stores SAs treat me quite nicely. I recently went to the Bloor Street location with one of my friends who basically owns all of Chanel and she introduced me to her SA who was very polite and helpful. The same day I bought a WOC and a card case. A few days later I returned and bought a bag for my sister. The SA and I are basically texting buddies now lol she messages me pictures of new products all the time. That is also how I landed a square mini in black a few weeks later.

I went back to Yorkdale yesterday thinking Hey I'm in the Chanel world now!...but they still treated me like crap. I bought another SLG and the SA didn't even give me his card!

I want to say I was only treated well at Bloor Street because I went with my friend who is known there but I went once without her too and was still treated really well.

What has everyone else's experience been like?

Last edited:
If anyone is here from toronto or has visited and can related, please let me know about your experience!

I work near Yorkdale and don't need to dress up at work. Yorkdale is close to me so I often go after work and am dressed down. Even though I am carrying usually a designer bag, I am wearing sneakers and yoga pants. For mannnnnny years I have gone to the Chanel store there and never been treated very nicely, thus I have never wanted to give them my money. I used to think its because of my casual demenaor, but every other stores SAs treat me quite nicely. I recently went to the Bloor Street location with one of my friends who basically owns all of Chanel and she introduced me to her SA who was very polite and helpful. The same day I bought a WOC and a card case. A few days later I returned and bought a bag for my sister. The SA and I are basically texting buddies now lol she messages me pictures of new products all the time. That is also how I landed a square mini in black a few weeks later.

I went back to Yorkdale yesterday thinking Hey I'm in the Chanel world now!...but they still treated me like crap. I bought another SLG and the SA didn't even give me his card!

I want to say I was only treated well at Bloor Street because I went with my friend who is known there but I went once without her too and was still treated really well.

What has everyone else's experience been like?

The Yorkville Maison is the one worth visiting. The Yorkdale store feels small and crowded and the service isn’t too outstanding there.

I think the problem with the Yorkdale store is that it is part of the mall whereas Yorkville is a standalone boutique so they get far more foot traffic. ( It doesn’t excuse them but since they have more clients they are less personable and just want to cash out the next client). This feels like the issue of most stores in Yorkdale though...