Chanel STILL making you wait!

There are more important things in life than getting agitated waiting on line for a luxury good. The line to the Prada outlet when I went was absolutely insane, but I enjoyed people watching while I waited and ended up having stellar service once it was finally my turn!

I agree this seems like a security strategy. Most luxury stores seem to be doing this now... Hermes, Van Cleef & Arpels, and yes, my local Chanel, too. And who can blame them... I've recently heard multiple scary robbery stories from SA's.

Reactions: Grande Latte
I was annoyed when the security guard could have at least say the correct time they opened up. I was the only customer waiting outside and the idiot just walked away from the door. Once I got inside I had to ask the correct time the store opened the hours are not posted.
As far as security the thieves are breaking the front glass widows and stealing the merchandise out of display windows so pairing up someone with a Sa I highly doubt this will stop some of these smash and grab robberies.

Please tell me if I am being hypersensitive...because I often am, but I own it. Having said that, I am OVER it. I am over Chanel boutique SA's acting so high and mighty! I recently went to Milan and wanted to go to Chanel for a new wallet. As I approached the shop, no one was in line and I saw a couple coming out. The gatekeeper allowing people in and out told me to wait as he closed the door. It made me so mad, but I hid my anger and waited outside feeling like a complete loser because I just had a door shut in my face. I felt like they thought I was not good enough to enter the shop! After a few minutes, they let me in and I looked around a bit and then I just couldn't stand it so I asked, nicely, why I needed to wait. They said I needed to wait until there was an associate available to help me. (Sounded rehearsed so I"m sure I wasn't the first to ask.) There were 3 associates in the store and I was the only customer, so don't tell me no one was available. If only 1 associate was available, ok, maybe she needed to make a quick call or go to the bathroom or something, but 3 associates?!?! I remember pre-COVID, I would see multiple people looking around in a Chanel boutique, then during COVID, of course, everyone was limiting the number of customers, but NOW? Seriously? I was so mad I just left the store and came home with no new treasures. It has made me not want to go in a Chanel boutique ever again. This was the second time this year I have experienced this at a Chanel boutique, but not to this level. The first time was in Vegas and they just said, 1 second, and let me in about 10 seconds later. Why? So snobby! Ok, open the gates, am I being a hypersensitive Karen?
I think it depends on location, I walked into a Chanel Boutique in Florida a few months ago I was the only one in there. The Chanel SA's were very helpful and super nice. I do not think you are being hypersensitive at all. What you went through was not a great experience and I just go find another Chanel store and make an appointment.

Reactions: Joeli7
I once waited outside a boutique for quite a bit before anyone acknowledged me, multiple people walked by. Then I was told I needed an appointment, didn’t have one, told there were no more appointments for the day. I went back to my hotel and called to make an appointment and was told you can only make an appointment in person. Ha! Bye!

Yes, honestly I think you are too sensitive on this one. The language gave you away 😉
You “felt like a loser” and “felt like they thought you were not good enough”. Filling in their thoughts for them, projecting all sorts of negative things on yourself in this situation. You interpreted the situation als a “rejection” of sorts, this must have resonated with something already within you, otherwise you might have thought “well they have a bad day”/ are tired” etc.

Fact is you don’t know what others think, so you could also think “they are preparing to give me an amazing experience”. That could be equally true. It’s not the situation but your interpretation of the situation that creates your emotions.
Just my opinion though! :heart:

Please tell me if I am being hypersensitive...because I often am, but I own it. Having said that, I am OVER it. I am over Chanel boutique SA's acting so high and mighty! I recently went to Milan and wanted to go to Chanel for a new wallet. As I approached the shop, no one was in line and I saw a couple coming out. The gatekeeper allowing people in and out told me to wait as he closed the door. It made me so mad, but I hid my anger and waited outside feeling like a complete loser because I just had a door shut in my face. I felt like they thought I was not good enough to enter the shop! After a few minutes, they let me in and I looked around a bit and then I just couldn't stand it so I asked, nicely, why I needed to wait. They said I needed to wait until there was an associate available to help me. (Sounded rehearsed so I"m sure I wasn't the first to ask.) There were 3 associates in the store and I was the only customer, so don't tell me no one was available. If only 1 associate was available, ok, maybe she needed to make a quick call or go to the bathroom or something, but 3 associates?!?! I remember pre-COVID, I would see multiple people looking around in a Chanel boutique, then during COVID, of course, everyone was limiting the number of customers, but NOW? Seriously? I was so mad I just left the store and came home with no new treasures. It has made me not want to go in a Chanel boutique ever again. This was the second time this year I have experienced this at a Chanel boutique, but not to this level. The first time was in Vegas and they just said, 1 second, and let me in about 10 seconds later. Why? So snobby! Ok, open the gates, am I being a hypersensitive Karen?

I think you are right !!! And I think we are not the only ones . I have 1 Chanel boutique in my country and I messaged them I never go back in there again . I am going to share my story with you ! ( I am obviously not speaking English so trying my best to make this understandable lol )

Couple months ago I saw Chanel earrings but I also bought shoes and that was enough money spend on that day .
Couldn’t get the earrings of my mind so a week later decided to go back for them.
The Chanel boutique is a hour drive from
My home . I have send 2 SA’s a message with a picture of the earrings with the question if they were still available , and told them i didn’t want to drive for nothing .
Both told me the earrings were available .
I thanked them both and told them “ cool I am coming tomorrow morning !”
Brought my kids to school raced to the boutique ,was there 15 min before opening.
There were around 5/6 employees sitting waiting for the boutique to open.
At opening I was the first one , the women at the door asked if i got an appointment , I told her no . And the sa’s also didn’t mentioned I needed one .
( last time I was there it wasn’t a thing , making appointments)
She said no problem come in .
I waited inside with 1 other customer .
The lady came back telling me there is no one available , come back after 1 o clock .

I politely told her I knew what I want can I please pay and go . I can’t come after 1 I have to pick up my kids . ( also store was empty )
She told me no and I could wait outside maybe an appointment was going to be canceled . Frustrated waited 20 min outside , I pulled the door and i asked if someone could help me and she told me no .
Never went back again .

It’s a bit long sorry ! lol !

• Wow
Reactions: DME
I agree with you that the line thing is annoying. I have seen people waiting in line outside in very cold temperatures, sometimes with their children. It rubs me the wrong way. In some cultures lines are no biggie though. My store will let you cut the line if you have an appointment and it's time.

I agree with you that the line thing is annoying. I have seen people waiting in line outside in very cold temperatures, sometimes with their children. It rubs me the wrong way. In some cultures lines are no biggie though. My store will let you cut the line if you have an appointment and it's time.
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t have kids so I wouldn’t know what it’s like, but why would someone take a child to queueing for Chanel? Especially in the cold?

Yes, honestly I think you are too sensitive on this one. The language gave you away 😉
You “felt like a loser” and “felt like they thought you were not good enough”. Filling in their thoughts for them, projecting all sorts of negative things on yourself in this situation. You interpreted the situation als a “rejection” of sorts, this must have resonated with something already within you, otherwise you might have thought “well they have a bad day”/ are tired” etc.

Fact is you don’t know what others think, so you could also think “they are preparing to give me an amazing experience”. That could be equally true. It’s not the situation but your interpretation of the situation that creates your emotions.
Just my opinion though! :heart:
Ufff. Very powerful and very correct answer.

I agree this seems like a security strategy. Most luxury stores seem to be doing this now... Hermes, Van Cleef & Arpels, and yes, my local Chanel, too. And who can blame them... I've recently heard multiple scary robbery stories from SA's.
I noticed this too when I was at Osaka airport and the above mentioned stores all had lines and ppl waiting to get in. Plus Louis Vuitton, Dior, and Gucci. I didn't bother because I was getting ready for my transit flight and had nothing in my mind that I wanted to buy.

But yeah, I can see how aggravating it must be.