Chanel Shoe Club!

Opinions on patent leather ballerinas? I have two tone ones beige/black ones in textured calfskin but don’t want to ruin in rain. (I also have even more delicate metallic gold lambskin and grosgrain which I can’t go out in anything less than clear sky!) and I was wondering if patent ballerinas would fare better in wet weather?

Opinions on patent leather ballerinas? I have two tone ones beige/black ones in textured calfskin but don’t want to ruin in rain. (I also have even more delicate metallic gold lambskin and grosgrain which I can’t go out in anything less than clear sky!) and I was wondering if patent ballerinas would fare better in wet weather?

Hi! I’m a big ballet fan and it’s pretty much all I wear when it comes to flats.
My patents are my least favorite, not because of durability, but because of usefulness. I find them a bit hard to match with clothes. I always end up reaching for my lamb or calfskin ones and never my patent ones.

In terms of durability, my calfs are the most durable. My lambs are the softest and if I could only have one type of leather, it would be lamb. Most of my ballets are lamb. I’m tough on shoes, and even then, they are pretty durable.

I have worn my lamb ballets in the NYC in pouring rain and they bounce back fine. My vote is to get lamb. They are classic and you can wear them with everything.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Quinni and eckw
Hi! I’m a big ballet fan and it’s pretty much all I wear when it comes to flats.
My patents are my least favorite, not because of durability, but because of usefulness. I find them a bit hard to match with clothes. I always end up reaching for my lamb or calfskin ones and never my patent ones.

In terms of durability, my calfs are the most durable. My lambs are the softest and if I could only have one type of leather, it would be lamb. Most of my ballets are lamb. I’m tough on shoes, and even then, they are pretty durable.

I have worn my lamb ballets in the NYC in pouring rain and they bounce back fine. My vote is to get lamb. They are classic and you can wear them with everything.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, that’s great to know! I rarely wear my Chanel shoes (only have 4 pairs) as I’m worried about ruining them in rain etc. Good to know they can bounce back from rain!

Actually I’m not sure if my beige/black ballerinas are calf or lamb as it’s quite soft. Have you seen these (just bought this season) and do you know? Can anyone tell from my pic? [emoji15]

IMG_6662.jpg

(Product code is: G02819 Y53038 C02043)

Thanks, that’s great to know! I rarely wear my Chanel shoes (only have 4 pairs) as I’m worried about ruining them in rain etc. Good to know they can bounce back from rain!

Actually I’m not sure if my beige/black ballerinas are calf or lamb as it’s quite soft. Have you seen these (just bought this season) and do you know? Can anyone tell from my pic? [emoji15]

View attachment 4177801

(Product code is: G02819 Y53038 C02043)

Hi! These are the classic lamb ballets. They are part of the permanent collection and will have OOV for the season. I have gone through 4 pairs of these and they are hands down my favorite combo. I am traveling now but when I get home, I will check the codes to be exactly sure. Lamb is super soft, calf is a bit stiffer and usually reserved for non-classic Ballet colors and combos like red w/red cap toe, or navy quilted. Most classic “black cap toe” combos are lamb, such as white with black cap toe, or black with black cap toe. Thinking now... of all my ballets, I think all the black capped toe ones are lamb. All the one color ones or quilted ones are calf but this is from memory.

You picked a great color combo! If I could only have one ballet, the beige with black toe would be it! And if I could only have two ballets, the second one would be the white with black cap toe.

Congrats to you!

Hi! These are the classic lamb ballets. They are part of the permanent collection and will have OOV for the season. I have gone through 4 pairs of these and they are hands down my favorite combo. I am traveling now but when I get home, I will check the codes to be exactly sure. Lamb is super soft, calf is a bit stiffer and usually reserved for non-classic Ballet colors and combos like red w/red cap toe, or navy quilted. Most classic “black cap toe” combos are lamb, such as white with black cap toe, or black with black cap toe. Thinking now... of all my ballets, I think all the black capped toe ones are lamb. All the one color ones or quilted ones are calf but this is from memory.

You picked a great color combo! If I could only have one ballet, the beige with black toe would be it! And if I could only have two ballets, the second one would be the white with black cap toe.

Congrats to you!

Thanks so much! I popped by Chanel today and the SA also confirmed that these were lambskin. (I often forget to ask and Chanel receipts are notoriously non-informative!) I particularly love this seasons beige with the imprinted pattern. [emoji7]

Hi! Can anyone tell me what season these are from? Thanks in advance!

I see the box in the back. You can ask the seller what it says on the box which will state the season. I recall the pearl theme and actually looked at a similar pair of pumps but I did not buy them as I felt the pearl would fall off given the placement of it so low to the ground. I think it was around 2013-2014? Not 100% sure as Chanel has done pearls other seasons. I just remember that pearl in particular as I thought it was simple and clean, but a high risk the pearl would fall off. The shoe I looked at was a pump.

Reactions: purseobsessedRX
I can’t believe guessed correct! It really is 2013, from 13P. The exact black pump I looked at but did not buy is on eBay. Search Chanel Pump 13P pearl and you will see it. Below is the link in case you are interested.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CHANEL-201...2WgippZngf4j5OWtw:sc:USPSPriority!27519!US!-1

Good luck!

Thanks for the reply! I think those are a regular pump though? These are like the classic slingbacks but with a pointy toe and pearl accented kitten heel. I will ask seller to look on her box haha. Thanks for your effort!!! :smile:

Thanks for the reply! I think those are a regular pump though? These are like the classic slingbacks but with a pointy toe and pearl accented kitten heel. I will ask seller to look on her box haha. Thanks for your effort!!! :smile:

It’s the same season. That pearl on the heel was part of the 2013 season. Your slingback with the pearl is not part of the classic collection for sure. I would not pay a premium thinking they are classics.

If you are after the classic slingbacks, I would not settle. Those slingbacks in the photo are not even close. The classic slingbacks have a block heel which is part of the look. It is a chunky heel. The toe/vamp is longer than your photo, and the slingback is elastic, not a buckle as in your photo.

The key is the block heel that makes the classic slingbacks so cool. The kitten heel in the photo does not create the same effect. I own three pairs and love them to death. They go with everything where as I think the slingback in the photo will have limited use.

I would go for the classic slingback in my humble opinion. Maybe google Chanel slingbacks jeans and get inspiration for the chunky heel classic slingbacks.

Good luck!

Last edited:
It’s the same season. That pearl on the heel was part of the 2013 season. Your slingback with the pearl is not part of the classic collection for sure. I would not pay a premium thinking they are classics.

If you are after the classic slingbacks, I would not settle. Those slingbacks in the photo are not even close. The classic slingbacks have a block heel which is part of the look. It is a chunky heel. The toe/vamp is longer than your photo, and the slingback is elastic, not a buckle as in your photo.

The key is the block heel that makes the classic slingbacks so cool. The kitten heel in the photo does not create the same effect. I own three pairs and love them to death. They go with everything where as I think the slingback in the photo will have limited use.

I would go for the classic slingback in my humble opinion. Maybe google Chanel slingbacks jeans and get inspiration for the chunky heel classic slingbacks.

Good luck!

Ooohhh you make good points!!! Yeah I know they aren’t classics haha but they just reminded me of them. Thanks for all the information and taking the time to reply. I really appreciate it!

Reactions: BigAkoya

Good luck!

One more question. What’s the current price in USD for the classic slingbacks?

EDIT: Never mind, please disregard. Found on their website. Duh, haha. I need to go to bed.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigAkoya
Get the classic beige with black. I love mine... great with jeans or for work! Super comfy!

I think it being a classic and the history behind them has me sold even more. Even though they are a classic, I know they have been hard to get at times. Is it still that way?

I am going to Paris in less than 2 weeks and would love get a pair there. I am hoping they aren’t cleaned out!

What colors do you have? I have also been contemplating the all black and grey/black combo.