CHANEL REISSUE

Thank you! It's actually from 2013 but brand new with tags still on. I came across this bag and decided to get it because I couldn't get my hands on the 17b red cf mini. Lol... so far I am really happy with it!

I finally received my 224! It's my first reissue bag and I'm so excited! Surprisingly, I feel like the chain worn crossbody isn't as long as I thought it would be. Just right above my hips. If it's any shorter I might consider it too short for crossbody. I like to wear it on one shoulder with single strap the most right now. For reference I'm 5'7. But I definitely appreciate the option to wear double strapped. I have a question though, the middle link in the straps seems to show some irrregular etching... is this normal? see pic below!

I took the pic under evening indoor lighting, so color looks a bit off. It's a deep red that has a hint of purple... I have to take another look tomorrow! So far I'm a happy girl!! Yay!

Gorgeous!!! 224 is my fav size reissue! The red is beautiful!
Your links look normal to me. I'm pretty sure mine looks like that too... the chain links are not smooth. Here is a close up of my reissue chain links
IMG_1501240639.707621.jpg

I finally received my 224! It's my first reissue bag and I'm so excited! Surprisingly, I feel like the chain worn crossbody isn't as long as I thought it would be. Just right above my hips. If it's any shorter I might consider it too short for crossbody. I like to wear it on one shoulder with single strap the most right now. For reference I'm 5'7. But I definitely appreciate the option to wear double strapped. I have a question though, the middle link in the straps seems to show some irrregular etching... is this normal? see pic below!

I took the pic under evening indoor lighting, so color looks a bit off. It's a deep red that has a hint of purple... I have to take another look tomorrow! So far I'm a happy girl!! Yay!
This is so pretty!! Congrats! Great "consolation" prize for not being able to score a 17b red mini lol. :smile:

Reactions: akakai
Gorgeous!!! 224 is my fav size reissue! The red is beautiful!
Your links look normal to me. I'm pretty sure mine looks like that too... the chain links are not smooth. Here is a close up of my reissue chain links
View attachment 3778001

Beautiful bags! Thanks for sharing the pics. I never noticed that the chain links are not smooth, it's a very cool detail. Makes the hw look edgier. Haha..

Reactions: yinnie
Thanks for the photo. It's beautiful. I tend to shy away from both glittery and shiny, so will probably not get it. Why did you pass?
It really was a gorgeous bag but I found the leather slightly too hard for my liking. I'm normally a lambskin girl and this seemed very firm/structured so I wasn't "in love" with it even though I really liked the colour and style.

It really was a gorgeous bag but I found the leather slightly too hard for my liking. I'm normally a lambskin girl and this seemed very firm/structured so I wasn't "in love" with it even though I really liked the colour and style.

That's interesting ... I tried on the black calfskin chevron reissue a few months ago and had the same reaction -- it felt really hard and stiff compared to my distressed calf reissues! I guess I shouldn't be surprised the gray is the same way,

That's interesting ... I tried on the black calfskin chevron reissue a few months ago and had the same reaction -- it felt really hard and stiff compared to my distressed calf reissues! I guess I shouldn't be surprised the gray is the same way,
Hmmm... And I though it was just me. Stiff is the right word. I wonder if it's to do with it being chevron but then again I had a chevron classic flap in the past and it wasn't like this.

Let me join you beautiful ladies! Introducing my dream bag I purchased fresh from the store: Reissue 226 with brushed gold hardware [emoji7]View attachment 3745856
Love this picture! Is this black distressed calfskin? I am on waiting list for 1 from saks but I am wondering why some distressed leather looks more wrinkly than others. Your bag looks like it has the right amount of "wrinkliness"

Found by these 3 reissues at boutique today. Reserve the middle one in size 226 in dark khaki GHW.

I have already own black 226 SHW and like its size and distressed leather so much. Do you think the khaki is too similar to the one I already have? Thank you so much!!! [emoji173]️

View attachment 3774709

Close up shot of dark khaki one...
View attachment 3774710

They do looks similar in the pics. That beige one is gorgeous

Awww this is so darling on you! I love 224s - patiently waiting for the right one to come along. This is a great color combo. Congrats!

Reactions: akakai