CHANEL REISSUE

Eeny, meeny, miny, moe ... which would you choose? I'm mostly looking at the leather and not the hardware. Any feedback is welcome. This would be my first reissue.

View attachment 3610253View attachment 3610254

I always advise friends buying black Chanel bags to buy reissue w/ ghw and cc turnlock w/shw.

I think the ghw on reissue makes the style of the bag really pop whereas shw on the cc turnlock flap bag makes it more modern.

I'm so happy to have added the 2017 So Black chevron Reissue to my black hardware collection :smile: Love that it's in sheepskin which adds to the durability factor.

And here's a pic together with my other so black - the Reissue Camera Case in glazed calfskin (circa 2008-09). If anyone is curious, the chain on the chevron bag is noticeably thinner and lighter

Attachments

• IMG_7228.JPG
    IMG_7228.JPG
    223.2 KB · Views: 3,346
  • FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 2,531
Ladies I've been eyeing a Reissue 224 lately, but as I already have a rectangular mini classic flap, would it be too similar? Does the 224 fit more than the mini?
I don't have a 224 yet, I'm searching for one but haven't found my perfect combination. Hopefully someone who has both can answer. The plus for me on the 224 over the rectangular mini is the ability to wear it doubled as a shoulder bag or single strap cross body. For me the rectangular mini is way too long for shoulder carry.

I don't have a 224 yet, I'm searching for one but haven't found my perfect combination. Hopefully someone who has both can answer. The plus for me on the 224 over the rectangular mini is the ability to wear it doubled as a shoulder bag or single strap cross body. For me the rectangular mini is way too long for shoulder carry.

Thanks for the info Vonnie! Yeah that's also why I am curious about the 224, it's got more flexibility. I actually have the old four-grommet rect. mini but the strap is still too long crossbody, so am thinking the 224 chain length would be better as its shorter.

Thanks for the info Vonnie! Yeah that's also why I am curious about the 224, it's got more flexibility. I actually have the old four-grommet rect. mini but the strap is still too long crossbody, so am thinking the 224 chain length would be better as its shorter.
So jealous you have the 4 grommet mini. Too bad it's too long for cross body but I'm sure it's perfect for shoulder carry.
The 224's seem to be hard to find. I think if I can find one in the combo I want I'll sell my square and rectangular minis.
Totally kicking myself for not jumping on one I saw on Yoogis in the combo I want.

So jealous you have the 4 grommet mini. Too bad it's too long for cross body but I'm sure it's perfect for shoulder carry.
The 224's seem to be hard to find. I think if I can find one in the combo I want I'll sell my square and rectangular minis.
Totally kicking myself for not jumping on one I saw on Yoogis in the combo I want.

Haha Yoogi's currently has a 224 in red with ghw that I've been crushing on, but I fear the color transfer on such a light colored bag. Hope you find your ideal combo soon! :flowers:

Hi, I really love this reissue and am considering to get one too.. just to check:
1. What is this size? Is it 224? And does it fit iPhone 6 Plus?
2. Is it 4 holes or 2 holes like the mini?
3. Does it sag easily??

Well it is not my post that you asked the questions about, but I do own the 224 and can answer your questions:
1. Yes this is 224 and it fits iPhone 6 plus
2. It has 4 holes
3. To small to sag

I really love my 224. I was planning on buying a rectangular mini but I really like that the 224 has 4 holes so you easily can double the chain and wear it on the shoulder.
The single strapdrop is 53cm which I belive is shorter than the old mini with 4 holes.
IMG_1488475285.867533.jpgIMG_1488475311.569837.jpg

Well it is not my post that you asked the questions about, but I do own the 224 and can answer your questions:
2. It has 4 holes
3. To small to sag

I really love my 224. I was planning on buying a rectangular mini but I really like that the 224 has 4 holes so you easily can double the chain and wear it on the shoulder.
The single strapdrop is 53cm which I belive is shorter than the old mini with 4 holes.
View attachment 3621058View attachment 3621059
Love your 224! What year is this from? This is the exact combo I'm searching for. Hoping they bring this back or something in a dark color with rhw and aged calf,

2. It has 4 holes
3. To small to sag

View attachment 3621058View attachment 3621059

Love this!!!!!!!

Complaint Re: Yoogi's Closet

Yoogi's is probably one of the best deals for decent preloved bags, that I constantly see attractive items regularly snapped up/"Sold", and then being flipped on somewhere like eBay soon after at a much higher price. :doh: It irks me that there are people who are hustling and profiting off of Yoogi's fair pricing.

Sorry, rant over. I hope if you ever see something decent again, you jump on it and get it.

^My best guess regarding space between Classic Mini vs. 224 is that they should either fit the same...or the Classic Mini might even be able to squeeze in slightly more because it doesn't have the double flap. This allows things to slightly stick out into the flap space without a rigid ceiling. There are YouTube reviews of the Classic Mini vs. Classic Small flap (e.g. Sherin Ng) -- and these two fit about the same thing. The 224 is a tad smaller than Classic Small Flap so I doubt it can fit more.

As cute as the 224 is...the 225 is not a big bag either. Why not consider 225 instead?

I am debating between getting a Classic Mini vs. a 225 (or even jumping up to 226) myself.

Complaint Re: Yoogi's Closet

Yoogi's is probably one of the best deals for decent preloved bags, that I constantly see attractive items regularly snapped up/"Sold", and then being flipped on somewhere like eBay soon after at a much higher price. :doh: It irks me that there are people who are hustling and profiting off of Yoogi's fair pricing.

Sorry, rant over. I hope if you ever see something decent again, you jump on it and get it.

^My best guess regarding space between Classic Mini vs. 224 is that they should either fit the same...or the Classic Mini might even be able to squeeze in slightly more because it doesn't have the double flap. This allows things to slightly stick out into the flap space without a rigid ceiling. There are YouTube reviews of the Classic Mini vs. Classic Small flap (e.g. Sherin Ng) -- and these two fit about the same thing. The 224 is a tad smaller than Classic Small Flap so I doubt it can fit more.

As cute as the 224 is...the 225 is not a big bag either. Why not consider 225 instead?

I am debating between getting a Classic Mini vs. a 225 (or even jumping up to 226) myself.

Lol at first I thought you were complaining about Yoogi's and was like "oh no what happened?!" :shocked: But then realized it's directed more towards the eBay resellers, haha! On that note, I agree with you completely! It's really sad that those types of flips happen, and I hope Yoogi's doesn't raise prices as a result. They are my favorite resale site!

Thanks for input on the mini vs. 224! I was originally planning to get a 225 or 226 AND a 224, but as it happens I just received a Reissue 225 today and concur, it's not that much bigger than the 224. The 225 fits all my "essentials plus" (about 2 more items than the classic mini) and is the PERFECT crossbody length for my frame, so I'm happy I got this size! :lol:

Reactions: resplendent