CHANEL REISSUE

Finally bit the bullet and bought 227. I already have 226 but wanted a bigger one for travelling or during winter when I need more space to store gloves etc. and I’ve always wanted RHW. However I have been back and forth about the crumpled calf. Not really a fan of it although I admire other people’s aged crumpled calfskin reissues. So I looked for reissue in caviar or smooth calf but no luck. I finally been offered one in caviar with special stiching but the aged GHW makes it too loud for me and the leather itself was not in perfect condition (small scuff on the back pocket already). It’s 22xxx series. So I searched high and low for this bag in many countries but none made me happy, they were too crumpled to what I prefer until I saw this. I’d like a smoother one but it’s the best among what I’ve seen so far, puffier and smoother/less crumpled. I would love a soft caviar reissue, I hope Chanel will make it again in the future. Until then, I’m happy with this bag.

A question about 227, does anyone who has this size put an organizer or shaper? Do you think it’s necessary? I saw most of reissues especially this size have lost their shape after just a few years.

8A272F82-6CEB-443B-8EA7-6F6F355ACD13.jpeg

You might try just a base shaper to prevent the bottom from bending and creasing. Anything larger would just make it bulky, and this bag already has built in organization! The place where the reissue loses shape is on the top flap, and an organizer won’t prevent that.

Congratulations!! Welcome to becoming a 227 owner!! I hope you enjoy your bag!!

A question about 227, does anyone who has this size put an organizer or shaper? Do you think it’s necessary? I saw most of reissues especially this size have lost their shape after just a few years.

View attachment 4286974

Reactions: OCMomof3 and Iana24
I’m so obsessed with the Reissue lately - and I used to hate it!! I guess the subtlety won me over.

I want a 225 in black (quilted) with gold hardware, a 226 So Black chevron distressed calf skin and a 227 in black (quilted) with RHW.

Currently tracking down the So Black on my wish list - wish me luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: Namwan- and Marlee
You might try just a base shaper to prevent the bottom from bending and creasing. Anything larger would just make it bulky, and this bag already has built in organization! The place where the reissue loses shape is on the top flap, and an organizer won’t prevent that.

I once had an idea to stop that happening , but never got round to making a prototype .

Reactions: Iana24

Dear @gettinpurseonal thanks for your advice. I’ve read many of your posts about the reissue 227 including your modshot. Thanks a lot you really helped me making a decision and I’m sure many tpfers here feel the same

Reactions: gettinpurseonal
I’m so obsessed with the Reissue lately - and I used to hate it!! I guess the subtlety won me over.

I want a 225 in black (quilted) with gold hardware, a 226 So Black chevron distressed calf skin and a 227 in black (quilted) with RHW.

Currently tracking down the So Black on my wish list - wish me luck!
Our taste is very similar. I have 226 chevron so black that I love so much. And just got 227 black aged calfskin RHW. I want 225 in different color though, maybe beige or light gold.

Good luck hunting them down. The thrill of hunting is exciting!

Finally bit the bullet and bought 227. I already have 226 but wanted a bigger one for travelling or during winter when I need more space to store gloves etc. and I’ve always wanted RHW. However I have been back and forth about the crumpled calf. Not really a fan of it although I admire other people’s aged crumpled calfskin reissues. So I looked for reissue in caviar or smooth calf but no luck. I finally been offered one in caviar with special stiching but the aged GHW makes it too loud for me and the leather itself was not in perfect condition (small scuff on the back pocket already). It’s 22xxx series. So I searched high and low for this bag in many countries but none made me happy, they were too crumpled to what I prefer until I saw this. I’d like a smoother one but it’s the best among what I’ve seen so far, puffier and smoother/less crumpled. I would love a soft caviar reissue, I hope Chanel will make it again in the future. Until then, I’m happy with this bag.

View attachment 4286974

Congrats on your new 227! I have two in this size, one bought new from the boutique and the other pre-loved, and neither one has lost its shape. I don’t use an organizer or base shaper, just don’t overstuff them when using them and store them with a bit of tissue paper inside. The one I bought new does have a bit of that pointy thing along the top — I think it’s because the Reissues are shipped flat and some of them retain that pointy-ness. I don’t know why so many Reissues on the secondhand market look so bad, but I assume it’s because the bag is more casual-looking than a classic flap and because it looks “tough” with the distressed calf, people abuse the bag more. I think if you take care of your bag and don’t overstuff it, it should retain its shape.

View attachment 4286974
Your bag is beautiful, congrats! I don't think I fully realized how "relaxed" the reissue is until I bought a small Classic. I do love them both! I don't use any type of shaper or organizer in my 227, but I do stuff it when stored to maintain its shape. I agree with the other poster who said that the issue is really at the top of the flap. It can look a bit pointy, but it doesn't bother me. :smile:

Reactions: Iana24
Congrats on your new 227! I have two in this size, one bought new from the boutique and the other pre-loved, and neither one has lost its shape. I don’t use an organizer or base shaper, just don’t overstuff them when using them and store them with a bit of tissue paper inside. The one I bought new does have a bit of that pointy thing along the top — I think it’s because the Reissues are shipped flat and some of them retain that pointy-ness. I don’t know why so many Reissues on the secondhand market look so bad, but I assume it’s because the bag is more casual-looking than a classic flap and because it looks “tough” with the distressed calf, people abuse the bag more. I think if you take care of your bag and don’t overstuff it, it should retain its shape.

Thank you for your advice. I don’t realize overstuffing can make the bag lose its shape. I’ll take note of that. I tend to overstuff my 226 and my minis. I don’t think I will ever overstuff the 227 because it’s roomy enough for what I usually carry with me but I’ll try not to overstuff it or any of my bags anymore.

Your bag is beautiful, congrats! I don't think I fully realized how "relaxed" the reissue is until I bought a small Classic. I do love them both! I don't use any type of shaper or organizer in my 227, but I do stuff it when stored to maintain its shape. I agree with the other poster who said that the issue is really at the top of the flap. It can look a bit pointy, but it doesn't bother me. :smile:

I love reissue for its practicality but to be honest, I like the look of CF better. I’m not a fan of crumpled leather nor pointy flap or bottom. I fell in love at first sight with my chevron so black 226 and then I wanted a bigger size. I really made sure my reissues were not pointy before I took them home from the store and yes I also store them filled with tissue paper. But I do hope someday I finally can add a CF too into my collection. I can’t because a crossbody option is a must for me at the moment

Reactions: catsinthebag