Chanel Price Increase *please include location*

After reading this, I checked in with my store manager who reluctantly confirmed. They got informed today (not sure I believe this) and were caught off guard. The increase will mainly affect the Classics and RTW. I asked if it was 17% across all categories and was told they could not confirm in writing as this was still confidential. They said seasonals‘ prices would likely not increase immediately, but I expect new seasonal models to come with a higher price tag. I am shocked. I was already hesitant to buy new after purchasing my first Chanel moons ago when prices were still moderate. However, this is a business practice I no longer tolerate, especially during these times and Chanel loudly announcing they would not need financial help but weeks later trying to recoup money from already suffering customers. I have shared my sentiment with the local management and hope others do, too.

It wasn’t a bad joke from my SA. Personally she told me that this increase will apply of most of the articles. Let’s face it all the classics bags will have that increase; timeless, 2.55, 19, coco handle, boy, urban spirit, trendy woc, mini etc
And for the seasonal they will be more expensive then previous one we aren’t able to compare price.

I also told my SA that I was « shocked » but let’s be honest it’s not the peoples working in the boutique how took that decision. They know that they gone have negative feedback. They are also shocked I am pretty sure.

Reactions: pinkorchid20
!7%? There's no way it's going to be that much. That would mean an increase of nearly 1000.00 on an M/L. That's completely insane.
I've been hearing different % but the lowest one I have heard is 11% which yes is insane.

This is making me want to buy the mini coco handle I've been thinking about but I DO NOT need to be buying another Chanel bag right now, but no way am I buying it for 11-15% more!!

Reactions: Mrs.Churros
It will be interesting to see what the actual increase will be. Last time rumors were swirling about 8-10 percent but it wound up being lower. This is an odd strategy for Chanel but if demand is really high then I suppose for them it makes sense. I truly hope other brands like H don’t increase prices on bags. Yikes.

It wasn’t a bad joke from my SA. Personally she told me that this increase will apply of most of the articles. Let’s face it all the classics bags will have that increase; timeless, 2.55, 19, coco handle, boy, urban spirit, trendy woc, mini etc
And for the seasonal they will be more expensive then previous one we aren’t able to compare price.

I also told my SA that I was « shocked » but let’s be honest it’s not the peoples working in the boutique how took that decision. They know that they gone have negative feedback. They are also shocked I am pretty sure.

Wondering if there is more info on this... The "classic line" consist of the timeless classic flap and the 2.55. All the other bags listed - 19, coco handle, boy, urban spirit, trendy woc, mini - are not classic bags. Wonder if they will have a price increase also...

In the US, Prices on classics were raised within the past 365 days, no? Maybe each day is just running into the next and I have a warped sense of time. But I vaguely remember as I was getting ready in late fall for a major event, I added a classic just before the 500/600 dollar increase?? At any rate, If there is truth to this price increase, I agree that it's absolutely insane.

Reactions: willstarve4fash
In the US, Prices on classics were raised within the past 365 days, no? Maybe each day is just running into the next and I have a warped sense of time. But I vaguely remember as I was getting ready in late fall for a major event, I added a classic just before the 500/600 dollar increase?? At any rate, If there is truth to this price increase, I agree that it's absolutely insane.
November of 2019 was the last price increase.

Absolutely agree. They certainly were not happy and we discussed potential impact on sales especially now that they can only rely on the local customers in the foreseeable future. I didn’t complain about my local store but about the strategy being implemented by HQ. I used to be a good customer and purchased a decent amount of RTW and bags over years, so hopefully with other longstanding local customers complaining and purchasing less, at least it might increase the pressure to rethink their long-term strategy.